Lost Legions of Karak Vlag [LLoKV] 2022NOV2

So, I’m gonna be honest in admitting that I never thought I’d make a human model for my Karak Vlag legions, but when the Artisan’s Contest XXXV came around, I had to throw my attempt in with the gods of this discourse. I had previously found a 3d sculpt of the Rock with his quizzical look and thought it was hilarious, planning on making a Rock marine out of him, so it didn’t take long to shift him over to a Horn of Hashut human follower.

This was definitely my most ambitious Artisan entry so far, since I started from scratch with a wire mesh. I use a darkoath chieftain from the Silver Tower set to mark height and sizes of his body parts.

I then went ham in sculpting up his details. The biggest hurdle I found was how little one could accomplish in a single sitting, since the greenstuff had to cure in between almost every layer.

Once the body was done, I printed the head, and started adding the details, horns, chains, and lamellar armor. Since I still needed him to fit in my army, I used the LK impaled slaves and set them up for some “life draining” so that the rest of the chaos scarred army could continue to enslave the rest of the eastern empire with their life force.

And there we have him! I loved making this dude. Although, I think his “guns” are bit too big…

9 Likes