R.I.P. Jac "Oxymandias" Bottjer (he is not dead! )

It is with profound sadness that the family fellow staff members of Chaos Dwarfs Online announce the peaceful passing of @Oxymandias. Peacefully and surrounded by his family fellow staff members , mom/dad Jac passed away decided to abandon us all on 30-01-2023 at the age of 30-ish years.

Jac has had a job upgrade in recent months and finds it hard to keep up with the (very low) requirements of being a cdo admin. I mean… @Loidrial can do it… :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though, thank you @Oxymandias for all you have done for the forum, we will miss you as an admin, and hope real life will still allow you to post some sweet painted miniatures and have some banter with the rest of us! Should you somehow find some spare time, like should you get fired or something, there will always be an open spot in the staff team!

15 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks Michael - the headline worried me. Thought I’d died for a second. But not to worry. Only dead on the inside.

Yes friends - new job has prevented me from doing many of the things I wanted to do as an admin here. I’ve decided I’d rather step down than do a poor job.

Will still be a CDO regular and continue to slowly but surely upload pics to my handful of chaos dwarf blogs and my thousands of off topic showcase blogs haha.

21 Likes

Retired staff member life will suit you fine I’m sure. Find yourself a nice beach shed with a loft on the coast of Erewhon and come back to us erewhenever you fancy discussing some polearm semantics as we once did in our shorter bearded days long past.

8 Likes

At least you had the benefit of first hand knowledge. I was legit shocked.

Happy for your new opportunities, even if it comes as the expense of CDO. Good to hear you’re sticking around :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Someday those loft-goblins are going to overpower the chibi loft-romans and hunger for fresh meat.

3 Likes

Just make sure @Loidrial doesn’t find out where that shed is.

4 Likes

Ma Porco Dio @MichaelX I was lucky I read this after I literally just squatted in the old @Oxymandias shed as my heart skipped more than few beats
Bravo Jac on this great opportunity although saddening at the same time for us greedy dwarfs.
:hat3: .
:cry0: .

I hope noone else will come and knock at my shed, like guns and roses sung.

6 Likes

We prepared a special salute to see you off!

picard-rimmer

`N

5 Likes

Okay wow, I read this as you passed and was sad. Read more and realized your still alive.

I’m happy your still alive and good luck with the new job! <3
:cd1991gif:

4 Likes

Haha sorry :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow…
with my moderate knowledge of English, I first thought that Oxymandias had actually passed away.

Good to hear that you are moving on with your job and I wish you that it is exactly what you imagined.

Thanks for your work in the forum and around it. Thanks for being a part of making me paint more chaos dwarfs and love the old BigHat.

3 Likes

Sorry guys :boy: i didnt mean to cause a panic haha… i just wanted to mess wit jac a bit :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Haha, one hell of a bloody thread title :smiley:

@Oxymandias has done a bloody great IMHO, Lovely bloke too. Congrats on the new job :beer:

4 Likes

Hashutdammit @MichaelX, you nearly had me there :smile:

Best wishes for the new job, @Oxymandias ! Thank you for your work as a CDO admin. You’ve been a real enrichment to this community from the moment you joined and went on to become a pillar of it. I’m glad to know you intend to continue as an active poster. :hatoff:

4 Likes

in honour of out fallen brother, everything left from him it’s just a shed
:shed:

4 Likes

Oxymoron in updated thread title reminds me of the time Jac definitely didn’t start an undead blog. Welcome to unlife (again) Jac

6 Likes

What about an undead Oxymandias model? He has arisen a few shades lighter than previously known, a little quieter too and some quite peculiar dietry habits

1 Like

Skull with a womble nose wearing a Roman helmet. And a little skeleton man grafted to his pelvis

1 Like

He should scan his face!

1 Like