Rakkzul's blog - Mostly Chaos Dwarfs

Hello everyone!

Back from the depths of the old site, I’m back :wink:

Years ago I made a Chaos Dwarf-based Ogre army (will upload pictures as soon as I travel across the country to my mother’s place, where they are). But this time we gotta get “the real deal”

My project is making a Slaves to Darkness army entirely composed by Chaos Dwarfs, and being able to field any legal list.

Welcome to my workshop. Welcome to Uzkulak

14 Likes

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back, love the idea, looking forward to the project.
Any thoughts on lists yet? Will Be’Lakor be involved??

2 Likes

Helms and mutations for the win! Look forward to your blog :cd1980:

2 Likes

Welcome back! Excited to see that army take shape!

2 Likes

Welcome back, here at CDO! :cd1980:
I am curious to see how you will realise your plans! I hope for many great painted miniatures! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh this sounds a cool project. Slaves to Darkness is a great choice, so many options for counts as.

2 Likes

Woah! What a great reception :wink: Thank you everyone

The list… Being thinking about it, will be a MSU of Chaos warriors (3rd edition helps with that), a few Chaos Knights and maybe an unit of Marauders.
As for the heroes… Nothing out of the usual from now. Got something on my mind for the Sorcerer on disc tho, but won’t spoil the fun this early in the blog’s life :tongue:

Worked a bit on these guys, but gotta switch the bases. Going to think about a way to use them as Chaos Dwarfs (25mm) and Chaos Warriors (32mm) without problems. I think I got the way, but waiting for my FLGS to restock bases :angry:

Sorry about the pic quality. It seems that even with all the years that have passed I didn’t learn how to take proper pics (nor painting!)

6 Likes

Welcome back @Rakkzul !! :hatoff: :beer:
Great to see the old members returning as many of us have.
Good luck in massing the warriors for battle, looking forward to seeing them come together as the legions of Hashut grow like never before!!
:hashut1:

2 Likes

Really enjoying you scheme. Look forward to seeing more!

2 Likes

Mean looking dwarves with big scary headgear. Excellent.

2 Likes

Today I started to work on my custom “gaunt summoner” on disk. Let’s see if I can upload pictures tonight or tomorrow evening :tongue:

Any guesses on what will I do?

2 Likes

Okay, my gaunt summoner on disk of Tzeentch is done, here’s with the 25mm base to field him as Daemonsmith/Castellan

As for fielding him with a 40mm base (Official size for Gaunt summoners on disk), I’ve came up with a solution, the same I’ll do with all my army. Magnet under the 25 base, magnet under the big base (Be it 40 or 32), and they support strongly enough that I can carry them

Next up: 2 Sorcerers or a 2nd group of 5 warriors for completing the unit, not sure yet

10 Likes

Lovely mini that one, perfect choice for sorcerer on disc

2 Likes

Thank you! I feel the same way about it, with his extended arm, like a surfer :tongue:

Quick update!

Today I’ve been busy with the musician for the Warriors, so I’ll upload him here and keep working on the rest of the unit

That’s it for today! :smiley:

8 Likes

That is a very cool and well endowed horn! :hatoff:

1 Like

So… Fancied working on something new, so last wednesday I started painting these guys, and here they are, my “Chaos Knights”

Sadly, these are from the first Lost Kingdom kickstarter, back when he sold minis, and the resin is VERY fragile. As in dropped one from 15-20 cm high (From my painting tool to the table) and its axe broke, that fragile.
Luckily it was easily fixable, so no worries :tongue:

Next up: Finishing the warriors (i hope)

9 Likes

They look fantastic from a distance, I wonder if you could take some close ups?! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s the trick! They dont look good from close ups :tongue:

Will take some pictures tomorrow with better light. Eventhough taking pics is the weakest of all my weak points

2 Likes

There they are @Zanko !

Apart from this, I received my Iron Golems warband, and the possibility of my first 3rd edition game this month made me work FAST on them. Hope I can finish them tonight or tomorrow

:tongue:

6 Likes