Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2021]

This reminds me of that weird dog daughter thing from the full metal alchemist anime if any1 has see it. Freaky. Great painting as always

1 Like

Wow good connection, really does. That’s a harrowing episode of FMA

1 Like

The Cleric Beast, the first boss to brutally smash you to death once you find him on the great bridge. His screeching fills the streets of Yharnam as you seek the entrance to the Cathedral Ward.

So comes to an end my first batch of Bloodborne minis, still working through basing the second group, a mixture of bosses and basic enemies.

But for now, I need to get my rear in gear for the ongoing contest. It’s going to be a crap shoot but I’ll get it done.

7 Likes

Spoiler!

1 Like

Oh yeah…

My spoiler remark made me forget to talk about the actual model.

I love it. I’m continously impressed with the amount of detail in your muted colors and gray tone scheme. Job well done mate!

2 Likes

I had my instagram followers vote and they inevitably chose these models for a “This is the Givea-Way”. Got these painted up and I’m happy to send these foundlings to a new home. They were a good challenge. Wargame Exclusive Models are packed with detail.

I’ll be posting the giveaway on my instagram momentarily

10 Likes

I have only joined this forum recently (as in today). But your work is phenomenal and was a real joy to work my way through. Keen to see more.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! and thanks for the kind words. Perhaps we can swindle you into joining the battle against the grey in years to come!

1 Like

I have far too many of the Grey assailing me (in fact my castle walls are still grey…) but the fight is an honest one and worth doing.

2 Likes

luckily the way we’ve been tracking this is only newly acquired or created minis vs painted. (no numbers tracking the stockpile). At least that way you can see if the stockpile is shrinking or growing without needing to fully count it…
:cd1990gif: :abacus:

1 Like

This puts me in mind of a twisted version of Wolf & Cub lol
Yet another cool piece :hatoff: :beer:

Welcome to the group @Archer

1 Like

Welcome! Indolent matter if you have 2 grays or 2000… :slight_smile: either make a sub set of models you “vow” to paint and try to keep that vow, or if you still regularly aquire new models keep track of those. There’s no real commitment or anything, just fun way to try and keep input lower then output :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, then maybe I should use my Warhammer armies as my “pile of grey” and try to churn through some of them?

But first and foremost is the Chaos Dwarf army that is currently queued on the painting table. I think including the half done Bull Centaurs that is a total of 65 unpainted for that army.

3 Likes

Seriously wondering here if this was intentional. I often do feel like I’m indolent matter when I look at my grey.

Haha lucky/happy auto correct accident :rofl:

3 more quick Bloodborne models. The Beast possessed soul (aka the imaginary friend of @Oxymandias ) and the Witch(es) of Hemwick

In the game the Witch appears to be a simple boss but there is a second witch hiding in a shroud of magic. I decided to paint the second with a quick purple scheme to match the color of their magic.

6 Likes

While technically earning a mini-boss placement in the board game, these Winter Lanterns (or Brain Trusts) are some of the most deadly mob enemies in the source material.

All they need is line of sight to send you into a state of frenzy. The higher your insight the faster their gaze cripples your mind.

6 Likes

These models are so nice! Would you mind doing a group picture when you’ve gone trough the (mini) bosses?

3 Likes

Thanks Michael, I’m enjoying them! I actually don’t think I have too many mini-bosses left. Bosses, I want to say I have around 15 left.

Either way a group pic will be in order, the bosses come in all shapes and sizes and will be cool to see them lined up once I get there.

3 Likes

The Bloodborne Chalice Dungeon, Undead Giant. My priorities are all over the place with this board game, but he was a relatively quick scheme and wanted him out of the backlog.

6 Likes