Reaver's Battle Against the Grey [BATG 2021]

Thanks to a CDO hobby hangout, this one is over the finish line. For a while I’d harbored a mental refusal against floral freehand that has now been surpassed. Not fully a fan of the overall results but it’s also one of my most dreaded boss encounters from the video game, so meh.

This shotel wielding catacomb dwelling nuisance probably will be one of the last bosses I ever use. I had fun making DIY candles for his base though.

I have about 60 Bloodborne models and my Zhanta gift all primed so I’m hoping for a strong finish to the battle this year!

10 Likes

Lovely work as always . The candles and basing really set it off .

2 Likes

Agree about the candles, the whole thing is hauntingly beautiful

3 Likes

Those are so good! 3D paintings. Your a true artist! A visionary!

3 Likes

Dogs of Bloodborne, only missing boss dog. The ubiquitous annoyance across all Fromsoft titles… Holds true in the board game too… Batch painted, a solid victory against the grey

8 Likes

And now for something completely different. Angry old ladies of Bloodborne, some with summoning bells, some playing whack-a-mole.

These ladies actually had some plural colors on them.

Ahh that’s better, back to grey for days. (With a little purple)

9 Likes

In one alternate universe Dante Alighieri and Hieronymus Bosch designed a tabletop game together … and the models looked exactly like these pieces of art!

3 Likes

Bring out yer dead!

Roll call has been completed. 70 minis is a significant hit to the grey pile but alas, attics are no place for these mighty warriors!

3 Likes

Look! They’re Bloodborne minis and not just grey! Hobby hangouts on discord are great for getting over dumb mental blocks. Happy enough to have 4 done to nibble back into this week’s setback. Next item to show up here will likely be Chaos Dwarfs related!

5 Likes

It’s here, it’s here. It’s fina-lilly here.

9 Likes

Bit of a hit to this year’s BATG by preparing for next year. 16 models added to the pile.

The Tjublings were purchased earlier this year but I was waiting to assess how they would be used. Now that things are based I can commit to the numbers. The rest pictured were bits bashes and/or sculpts conceived during this year.

May the good blubber guide my way in 2022.

7 Likes

Likely my last BATG entry for 2021. A great year of progress with only one major setback.

2 Likes

The Official Final Tally

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 79
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 38
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 170

Total: -53

The war continues in 2022

6 Likes

That’s a great tally for the end of the year :hatoff:

3 Likes