Scribe's Contest XIV - Voting!

“Hashut will pass his judgement on the Lords of Zharr”

Welcome to the voting thread for the 14th Scribe’s Contest writing competition!

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to @GoldenHat
You are not allowed to vote for your own entry.

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 17! There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like we will do the rest.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM August 26th, 2023 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

Subject Matter: The Bold and the Bastardly - Character Lore

PLEASE NOTE: entries are split into two posts due to character limits!

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5

Entry #6

Entry #7

Entries continued in second post…

3 Likes

Entries continued!

Entry #8

Entry #9

Entry #10

Entry #11

Entry #12

Entry #13

Entry #14

Entry #15

Entry #16

Entry #17

Remember, there are several prizes up for grabs this round.

Great job folks and good luck!

The Staff

8 Likes

There are so many entries! If anyone thinks a week is too short of a window for voting please let me know. Happy to extend voting so as not to rush reading.

4 Likes

Amazing, what a turnout! Looking forward to snuggling up with a mug of tea later and give all entries the time they deserve.

3 Likes

Yes, I would prefer a bit longer if that’s alright.

2 Likes

SEVENTEEN.

Pls ping me just to see if I accidentally won something.
There is no way I’ll ever be able to read that much :dead:

5 Likes

Voting window extended. Seventeen is a massive number for a Scribe’s!

Collectively around 1.5x the discourse character limit. The Gold Hat is tall this day

6 Likes

Working my way through the entries in reverse. Damn these are great! Loving the humor in many of them :eggplant: and all are so well written. It’s going to be hard to pick 3 as usual…

7 Likes

Wow, that were some excellent reads this morning. I think everyone can be really proud. Loved the variety in tone and setting. Votes are cast, damn sure wasn’t easy.

7 Likes

Voted.

Congratulations to everyone.

3 Likes

17! Seventeen amazing stories. Had to read them twice, but got my votes in. All entrants should be incredibly proud of their work regardless of votes. Absolutely brilliant work everyone.

6 Likes

Voted! Enjoyed many over a week ago, basically voted for the ones that were memorable to me. Still had to make a hard choice. Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Three more days to vote, fellow bookworms.

2 Likes

A wonderful turnout of entries. I’ve quickly skimmed through snippets here and there just to get a teasing taste, but reading will sadly have to wait until after a big yearly event around here. Working round the clock on prep for it. I’ll have to catch up on the texts after winners have already been declared.

Great work, all. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What the hell @Oxymandias. What the hell! :rofl:

Reading through all the lovely writings entered into this contest, the first line here made me stop in my tracks and ask myself with a laughing knee-jerk reaction: “Who the hell wrote this? Is this Eddie’s entry?”

And the rest of the text did well to live up to the bonkers standard set by the beginning.

Saint Oxymandias the Leper and martyr Jacques the Butcher in 40k are now joined by Bri-Han the Crook Fingered in WHFB or AoS.

And this time, you did this to yourself.

Well done, Oxy. Well done. :hatoff:

4 Likes