Tjubs 15mm blog

Thanks alot!

Its up to the @Admiral Im afraid, I assume he has been busy with other stuff at the moment. :slight_smile:

Ive got so many concepts and plans, so we’ll have to wait and see what gets done when. But plan for an “Adventure set” with more dynamic poses and a mix of weapons. Think more skirmish than rank n file which the normal troops are ment for. Might be for this year or the next, but you can have a look at my Instagram or Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook to see what greens I have made for them so far if you are interested.

Great going Tobbe! Tasty castle and snazzy paintjobs.

@Duncan that’s certainly a good idea, and which I’d like to see as well. My little brother pointed it out, too. I’m sure we can find a future mould which would be good to fit spears-down tjubgobs in, although with unknown waiting times. Rank and file kits are special and ought to go in the same spinmould. Puzzle work. Tjub is welcome to sculpt 'em of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just finished my first herd of Bull Centaurs/Abyssal Halfbreeds for my KoW army. May they wreck havoc this weekend… :smiley:

6 Likes

Slow but steady… Another unit of Hobgoblins in service of their masters.

A small detachment for KoW. :blush:

6 Likes

These little sculpts of yours have more character than many 25/28mm models. You have the cute/comical but also the evil nature nailed. Love the skull castle too
Cheers

2 Likes

Yep :+1:t2: love them too

1 Like

Thanks alot! :slight_smile:

That bolt thrower and crew looks nice. When are we getting our hands on them? Have they been cast yet?
I can imagine a large Orc Hulk with a few of these dotted about its deck.

Ah, right…
Soon I hope, the reason with the delay there might be my fault since I painted the display miniatures for them but forgot to send them to Mathias at AM. I shall get to work @Duncan:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Heres my 15mm Hellfane for Kings of War, basicly a mobile war altar/shrine… and a family pic of all the types of Hellforged constructs.

8 Likes

Looks great and goes perfectly with the rest! Love how you keep a consistent style across the Hellforged units. But I think my favourite is still the Infernox - it’s just so incredibly hilarious how the little Tjubling is embedded into that mighty Golem chassis! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes I wanted my opponent to be able to tell which units I could Heal etc, I know the Warengines are as well but not much to do about them.

Anyone go Ideas for the Grotesques? My plans as of now is to make something out of GW Ghouls maybe.

Just saw that my Hellfane got featured in the “KoW Community update”. Best part is the narrator trying to pronounce “Tjubkovskij”… :rofl:

4 Likes

Excellent, good to see you get recognition for your amazing work.
I’ll be honest though, it’s not a name I’d want to have to say out loud :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Never really got the project of the ground, but heres my attempt at last Artisian Contest.

Thought was obsidian structures, like a mobile strongpoint that could be surged forward by our Scorcerors to vital points on the battlefield.

Actually tried two of the above designs before I decided on this obsidian volcano structures, but lost the old phone and photos with it.

4 Likes

Thats pretty cool :slight_smile:

Nice one

1 Like

Only said it in my head mate not out loud :see_no_evil:

I’d probably butcher it too!

Although my surname - Bottjer - tends to throw people haha

These look absolutely badass mate. I’m such a 28mm gamer that I rarely look twice at other scales - but this Tjubling force is so cool it has definitely shifted my opinion on what’s possible at this scale.

4 Likes

Hehe, well… My surname is actually “Torstensson”, its pretty basic like “Son of Torsten”. Tjubkovskij actually grew out of “tjub”, which is my internet alias from mid 90s, always been a huge fan of most things Soviet era stuff and done alot of WWII and Cold War. Anyway, Tjubkovskij is pretty good to keep the distance between work and irl life. :wink:

And regarding scale, smaller scale makes it so easy to be creative. No idea is too big, but you have obviously shown that 28mm is no problem for you at all, haha… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I always liked the single base multi model small scale stuff. So much fun and creativity can happen and it looks more like an army and less like a street fight like in 28mm games…

Seeing these makes me want to start a 15mm CD army :rofl:… I won’t because everyone I know is firmly 28mm scale and I don’t like to play against people I don’t know (I’m weird on that, also applies to online gaming… )

I’ll just put it on the “when all my 28mm stuff is painted” back burner…

1 Like