Tjubs 15mm blog

Hey there. I have 2 of your BB models and I would like to know that for a single one of your 15mm models, what size base do you use?

My 15mm singles are based on 15mm MDF squares.

1 Like

These will be Two Hordes of Grotesques, Abyssal Dwarf abominations created by magic, breeding and good old thread and needle. As an image/honor to their dark gods…

Plan to paint them rather dark. Black and Dark Brown, with metal and red horns and glowing eyes. Hopefully that will look old school enough to go with the Dwarfs? Ill happily take any suggestions… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How about painting them as you would a Taurus, implying that they’ve been made/bred from Taurii?

2 Likes

Feed the armies of Tragar! Two hordes of Grotesques and a Champion to heard them into battle…

9 Likes

Lovely work! I really like the palette, variation and colour placement.

1 Like

Thanks! Tried to keep it in line with the Chaos Dwarfs and a bit old school-ish… Bumps the army over 4000pts as well.

2 Likes

Heres a Horde + Regiment woth of Slave Orcs for the front lines… Hopefully done within a month. :blush:
Miniatures are a mix of Orcs from the Demonworld range, they fit nicely with the Tjublings IMO.

10 Likes

Ah. See. That’s why I joined here : more Tubling updates and behind the scenes pictures. Love to see you’re keeping up the good work.

3 Likes

Thanks, its been slow lately but still working on them between other projects. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Progress been slow here, but finally got them all painted and on bases…

Regiment and a Horde of Slave Orks!

11 Likes

Looking great!

1 Like

Looks class @tjub - great work!

1 Like

Those 15mm bases always look so great. Much more dynamic.

1 Like

Ready for battle!

10 Likes

Really nice, idk how you base those after painting, looks really difficult to do neatly.
Full of character, 28mm versions of those would sell well

Same procedure as here, just have to be careful… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

These look phenomenal. Great paint job! Its unbelievable but yesterday I put in an order to Daemonworld for Gnoblars for my Ogre army. I ordered some of their Orcs to do a size comparison with your Tjublings. You are saving me the trouble, they look great, I like how you use the Chaos arrow with the inverted CD colors for their shields. I also like how you based them in mob fashion rather than in ranks.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I think I got a couple of “skirmish packs” of them. Since they are slaves I wanted a rabble feeling to the units. Didn’t think too much about the shield design, other than they’ll get an arrow added before each battle. As you can see there are a few veterans, but not many… :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Ive done a few size comparison with the Tjublings and Tjubgobs with different manufacturers I had available at home. They should be around here somewhere… Oh, and about Demonworld Orcs they are more like LotR orcs than WFB orcs. So more like hunched over humans than big brutes.

Am I wrong, but I feel like nobody makes the GW type of Orc in 15mm. I think Daemonworld & Splintered Light are the closest but they are too small. I am using Battle Valor for my Black Orcs. If you are ever looking for LOTR 15mm Orc (Peter Jackson style) I used Eureka “man-orcs” for the Mordor Orcs and they make Isengard Uruk hai exactly like the movie.

1 Like