[TOW] Chaos Dwarf PDF for The Old World!

Of the flying mounts, wwhich is the better choice?

…for what purpose?

1 Like

I am looking to run a 7 man (bull) unit in my game this Friday with Taur’ruk wearing the Armour of Bhezerak, the Ashen Banner and really just leaning into them.

As long as they can maintain momentum and get the charges off, I think they will pull their weight, too small of a unit and they will just hammer and stall.

I am going to need to figure out some Great Weapon Conversions for them though… they have a limited number of attacks and you really need them to make the most of them.

The Ashen Banner and T5 should discourage most people from shooting them, the Armour should keep them shielded from any debuffs…

Its a lot of points, but i think they have the weight to take advantage of the investment, even average rolls should drastically mitigate the return attacks they will have to face, if not wipe them out completely.

1 Like

I am actually really keen on the Lammasu for a character hunter, removing a characters magic weapon can defang most of them, particularily with a couple Mantles of Stone, this came up in another sub and its a really viable tactic, i just cant recall which.

Avoid enemy Heroes with Great Weapons, pour Blood of Hashut on them and hope for the best.

1 Like

Found it, its a rock solid idea!

Also very affordable in the grand scheme of things, maybe look for a magic armour to couple with the toughness boost…

1 Like

Do You guys know why Prophet is mounted more often on Lamassu and not on Bale Taurus?

This is because the caster is more Magic oriented not CC oriented?

3 Likes

Yes, Lammasu is also cheaper and on a smaller base, also confers a massive Magic Resistance -3 plus Sorcerous Miasma offers some kind of additional protection should he ever wind up in combat after all. It’s a good mount for a Sorcerer-Prophet.

3 Likes

So the only good combat mount is Wyvern? :smiley:

What about upgrades for Lamassu? Breath attack? Mace tail seems to combaty to take for a non-combat caster.

2 Likes

What? No! The Taurusses are great combat mounts, especially the Bale Taurus. Just that a Black Orc Warboss is a better fighter than a Sorcerer-Prophet. So if you can make do without a level 3/4 or have enough points for both, go with the Black Orc on Wyvern if you want the best CC monster.

Sorcerous Exhalation should be a given with those stats, that’s a great breath weapon. Mace Tail, well, might as well if you have the 10 points left to spare. It is a good upgrade on its own though. So if you want a Sorcerer-Prophet who maybe doesn’t want to be in combat but should do as best as possible if he has to, you could do worse for 10pts.

1 Like

I like Bale with those Flaming Body autohits, good CC, combat spell… Can generate nice combat resolution.

Also not that many players take RL and ES machines. Hobgoblin balista are more popular. Or is this just personal preference and I missed something?

1 Like

Also the Taurusses are Behemoths, unlike the Wyvern, so their stomp attacks have AP-2.

Bolt Throwers are just quite good in general in TOW while also being very reliable and cheap, that’s probably why.

2 Likes

Can you have both mace tail and breath weapon on the lammasu?

2 Likes

Yes, you can.

1 Like

Yeah, whoops.

Overall, I’m really happy with the list myself. Tons of flexibility.

2 Likes

I can legitimately say that I am most excited for Chaos Dwarfs in TOW among the armies that I play. I’m missing some stuff too, but overall I think it’s a smashing success and a really competitive list. What a time to be alive, huh?

4 Likes

I will start playing with 1000 point games. Here is a draft I was working for some time (mostly painting):

===
Chaos Dwarfs, elite, 1000 [999 pts]
Warhammer: The Old World, Chaos Dwarfs

++ Characters [275 pts] ++

Daemonsmith Sorcerer [275 pts]

  • Darkforged weapon
  • Heavy armour
  • Be a Level 2 Wizard
  • Great Taurus
  • Mantle of Stone
  • Daemonology

++ Core Units [384 pts] ++

12 Infernal Guard [192 pts]

  • Hailshot blunderbluss
  • Heavy armour

12 Infernal Guard [192 pts]

  • Hailshot blunderbluss
  • Heavy armour

++ Special Units [340 pts] ++

3 K’daai Fireborn [130 pts]

  • Hand weapons
  • Manburner (champion)

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower [45 pts]

  • Bolt thrower
  • Hand weapons
  • Light armour

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower [45 pts]

  • Bolt thrower
  • Hand weapons
  • Light armour

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher [120 pts]

  • Demolition Rockets
  • Infernal Incendiaries
  • Hand weapons
  • Heavy armour

Created with “Old World Builder”

[https://old-world-builder.com]

Now I wonder it DSR is a good enough option. Another 2 K’daii or even 3 BCRs sounds more influencial… What do You guys think?

I love the balista model. SOO better than the 5/6th edition goblin one.

7 Likes

Yeah looks straight forward!

Hard to say with the Deathshrieker. I like how this list has a clear strategy and all units fall in place. Bull Centaurs for example want to charge, whereas the rest of your army, especially the Blunderbusses, want the enemy to come to you. I’d leave it as is, play a few games with it.

2 Likes

The list looks solid! A great starting point. And that OSL on the bolt a thrower looks sick!

3 Likes

K’daii/Bull centaurs are counter charge units. Blunderbussiers can take a charge due to stand&shoot and those 2 can counter.

Yes. This is a list with clear playstyle. With general being a counter lunch unit and range unit. With -1 to hit aura or some magic bolts.

1 Like

Thanks! I do it on everything in this army. Adds quality to the paintjob I decided to do and takes very little time. Tabletop with Speedpaints with some higher quality skin and effects.



9 Likes