TOYGUN builds + Scrap Builds

Looking good!
How did you make the fence, and what were the difficulties?

Not hard itself, only took some time, mesuring and cutting as accurate as possibile.
Vertical bars are made from cotton bud sticks, the horizontal from thootpicks so that i could have size variation.
The net Is Tulle bought from a clothing store, 150*50 cm for 1.50€ lol
The potato/onion bag-net was better looking, but It was elastic and didnt want to put even this extra effort trying to make it fit as well

4 Likes

Blutacking things to your cutting board so the glue has time to dry without anything moving :man_facepalming:t3:
Genius! I’ve never thought of that.

I’m trying to make the same style of fence in 15mm but haven’t found any good “chainlink”.

4 Likes

So much inspiration for my upcoming gorkamorka campaign in this thread

Great work

2 Likes

Indeed, would go great with Gorkamorka

Really feels like we’ve watched someone find their hobby in this thread, not only have you discovered you like this scrap build but your really nailing it too, these all look so good it’s incredible

4 Likes

I have to admit, I always been an orc inside. Since childhood growing up with warcraft games i always been a greenskin, it’s in my blood to assemble crap from scrap XD
This distopian/post apocaliptic envirorment suit me much more than 40k gothic futuristic (never had much in common with 40k, always been a fantasy kid)
so this is an accurate mix of those 2 things, “orkish builds” and contemporary industrial-ish buildings coming together in a dusty drimdark reality

Have to say, never build anything before those builds, and i’m feeling the Mad Max fantasy ChaosPixel2

3 Likes

Keep in mind, not everything in 40K is high gothic style; plenty of worlds in the imperium that are Planet Mad Max. :wink:

2 Likes

Blockquote Lord_of_Uzkulak
Keep in mind, not everything in 40K is high gothic style; plenty of worlds in the imperium that are Planet Mad Max.

Yeah i know, it just doesnt have a connection with me, especially in the last 10 years that all those models became less and less charismatic (AoS too ofc)
yeah sure, you sculpt it 3d, everything is flawless, everything is on point, everything is perfect.
And THIS to me is what makes it bad, boring and bland.

An example I use a lot, go check the last Simpsons seasons, everythingis perfect, everything is greatly animated, everything is sharp as hell, yet it misses completly the point because it’s just flat compared to the original 8-10 seasons where handwork was put into it and animation was totally different.

Now that everything is perfect, is misses (to me) the most important thing that had before, a soul.

AND AFTER THIS MELANCHONIC BULLSHIT
another small update from this afternoon, this time it isnt a scrap build, i bought 3 of those containers from greenstuffworld (4 euro each or something like that) laser cut paperstock and wood
the next 2 i will shave a bit the edges, too sharp for my tastes, i will see how to mess a bit with them

second pic for scale
ChaosPixel90

11 Likes

I know it’s stupid, but sometime just scale down things just works

i made a card box, guess, with cereal card stock!
and guess what i used for the plastic bags! you guess it. Mithril.
no.
Just a plastic bag (2 layers) with a pebble inside for weight and shape.

THE MORE YOU KNOW 19.1

8 Likes

This Is what too much Gasland does to you

3 Likes

Oh mate :see_no_evil:

When art imitates life I understand. But this is life imitating art!?

2 Likes

Heya guys! this afternoon i had some time to dedicate to my ART ATTACKS!
This is an Art Attack!

This is an Heart Attack!

THIS. IS. (The. PAINKILLER!) ART ATTACK!

The arrow points at the entrance, the main (and only) building is a thootpicks container.
after that i texturized it with vacumsealing plastic bag (those triangle/diamonds thing), some bottle and oil cups on top, the head of a spray can, some clips, some networkcable and random stuff i had in my trash box.
the building has no purpose itself (like everything i do) but it turned out like some sort of Radar/satellite thing.
somorrow i will cover it with my grime paste made of pva glue and baking soda and who knows that will become of it!!

8 Likes

Oh well my enthusiasm woke me up at 6.15 because i wanted to add last details and primer before go to work

6 Likes

Great job, so many times my overthinking has woke me up early, glad you have something to show for it :grin:

2 Likes

I know well the sense of jumping out of bed early for the sake of that addition to a project that is so close to completion. It’s a good one. And your scratchbuild is magnificent!

2 Likes

vacuum bag, pure genius. :trophy:

1 Like

Thanks guys! We are all in the same boat lol
Yesterday i painted some basic colors, those contrast are way too saturated for my tastes.
It s the 1st time using them so gonna learn how to use them

Gonna grime it and make some rust showing and weathering.
Also Maybe those green bins are standing out too much, idk

7 Likes

I mean, we all know that dry brush is the King of all techniques, but cmon, how Great can it be?
Also washes, but mainly Drybrush cmon!!

10 Likes

Very nice.

I like dry brushing too :smiley:

2 Likes

Agreed, the drybrushing really has pulled that altogether, looked good before but looks great now

2 Likes