Tww2 mod ass cannon

Hello after being introduced to the lore of the Dawi-Zharr by loremaster of sotek I’ve watch the last The Brazen Broadcast #3.5 and in it, there was a request for a mod for total war warhammer 2 with the use of the hellcannon and I said to myself, why not do it.

With the images that come with this topic I want to ask advice on the unit stats for tww2 of this unit based on the table top. Would be closer to a hell cannon a mortar a dwarf cannon? How much its upkeep and so on (https://twwstats.com/) (this site allows for the comparison between unit stats)

14 Likes

Amazing, no better way to blast onto the forum than by expanding the legend of the asscannon! Now you just need to find a hellcannon model and make this conversion for tabletop! Glad to hear people migrating this way from the podcast and the Sotek video. Hopefully you’ll enjoy some of the TWW discussion soon to be released from Sotek coming onto our podcast.

3 Likes

Amazing work! Well done!!!

1 Like

The mod is now available on the workshop.

7 Likes

…hero

2 Likes

This really is awsome. I know @Admiral and @Eisenhans will appreciate this too!

2 Likes

Great work! We’ll set up a computer gaming section soon, and your mod will be first in its resource section.

As to stats, modelling it on the Hellcannon should be good. The Hellcannon is the next generation of the Daemon Cannon concept, after all. :smiley:

1 Like

Is this a printables 3d model? XD cool add tho

1 Like

Currently I don’t know if it’s possible to convert the format that total war uses is the rigid_model_v2 and normally 3d printing uses stl right ?

3d uses obj and stl usually, idk about the game assets tho

1 Like

It’s possible but usually not very pretty.

1 Like

So I’ve search around and it is possible to convert but I would have to buy the program, also it wont make a great model because the game model doesn’t translate well a lot of details are from the texture instead of from polygons, so fur is just squares and there is also the need to fill it in because the game model is a thin layer and would brake if it was 3d printed. With out thinking about the fact that the models kind of belong from CA and even if i gave them free it’s problematic using their tools for something they are not suppose to do.

1 Like

So let’s say we can do a 10/15mm version of it, but not 28 xD got it
A shame, but understandable

1 Like

With Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs here I got inspired and brought back from wh2 modding to wh3 this creation Steam Workshop::Daemon Ass Cannon

3 Likes

Haha that did not take long!!

2 Likes

…I’d like to propose an honourary extraordinary golden hat nomination for services to the community

4 Likes

@chitzkoi : We could cook up a special medal for it. @Bloodbeard did so in good spirits for @Fuggit_Khan bringing his Fuggit Khan model up to the top of the Burj Khalifa, so there is precedent. :slight_smile:

May Hashut bless your pious work for the greater glory of the Ziggurat city, o @vigario !

6 Likes

We uh… need the bastards in TTW3, right @Reaver

I mean… theyre already digitalized…

3 Likes

There’s a relatively large amount of organic demand for this beyond CDO as OP says. It’s been discussed on the total war forums (which is basically the internet’s version of Hell Pit) for a long time.

1 Like

The renowndest regiment of renown!