War Against The Gray [BATG 2022 overview thread]

The tallyman keeps on counting: added another -18 and -4 to the score, bringing up to -73

1 Like

I am very glad for you guys starting this. It’s spurred me to try things I’ve never done before to get shit painted. I’m sharing here cause they’re not done yet (but sooooo close): my best two capes so far

As a tally, I have tried my hand at lava flows, experimented with stipling, freehanding, and re-posing limbs. And all to fight the grey! Thanks for the inspiration, guys!

4 Likes

@BATG_Warriors to aid @chitzkoi in his leage tables ive made a google spreadsheet you guys gan update instead of replying in the threads.

I tried getting most info but im missing some. Feel free to add to it.

You ONLY have to add TOTAL score in the current months added and removed column!

7 Likes

That’s great! Will gladly use it.

But might I humbly suggest a small change? Since chitz is not plotting the monthly score but the grand total up until that month, wouldn’t it be easier to remove the “monthly total” column, leave additions and subtractions per month and make three final “sum” columns?
Alternatively, the “total” column of each month could include the total from the month before so it’s always up to date in the current month.

1 Like

Well, i wrote the description wrongly.

The idea is you guys enter the total added and total removed UP TO that point, not for that month only.

2 Likes

IF you guys want to add ONLY the current month add and remove numbers i have to change the formulas a bit but its also possible.

1 Like

Oh no it’s totally fine!

edit

FFS, it even said in pretty bold letters “You only have to enter the current TOTAL SCORE in this months Added and Removed column!” :man_facepalming: Sorry Michael :slight_smile:

Haha no worries. Its monday :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I like that there’s a collective score now. -107 already, go team! There should be a special badge for those that beat this number.

2 Likes

Despite the descriptions, it is somewhat confusing on what to enter where, until you play with the numbers. After some fumbling, I was able to figure it out as is, so please feel free to take or leave this suggestion depending on what works for the greater group.

Currently the way you have it, the number you are asking for is really NOT the March added, March removed, etc. It is the Added year to date up through March, and the Removed year to date up through March, etc.

Might I suggest one of the following options:

Either change the formula for the Monthly total columns to take the previous monthly total and then add and subtract the specific month’s added and specific month’s removed numbers from it for the new monthly total (ie. Feb Total 27, March added 1, March removed 5, so Monthly total is then 23).

OR

Alternately, change the March Added, March Removed, April Added, April Removed, etc. to state Total Added YTD (year to date), Total Removed YTD, etc. or similar language.

I feel that either of these revisions would be much clearer to a user entering data on the chart. As stated, please take with the associated grain of salt. Just how my mind works.

Cheers, JR

Can you check again please? I think its clearer now.

I also feel the description

“You only have to enter the current TOTAL SCORE in this months Added and Removed column!”

is pretty self explanatory :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Looks good and is clear, much appreciated! Thank you for making that adjustment!

My issue was very much user error on my part. Just trying to help any like myself, who may be instructionally challenged. The description is “pretty self explanatory”, however I did NOT read that instruction on my first attempt, and even after reading that instruction, my brain still tried to find a solution that met that instruction and fit the column heading… which resulted in obviously incorrect totals… which then made me come back and read this thread… and the instruction… and re-enter numbers… multiple times… till it finally totaled correctly.

One of those head against the wall, until I finally realized I wasn’t actually following the instructions, even after reading them. Thanks very much for putting this together and tracking everyone’s progress! Cheers

3 Likes

Haha no worries mate. All feedback is welcome.

It was a small change!

3 Likes

Great stuff @MichaelX - I’ll add my scores to the form at the end of the month as opposed to continually updating throughout the month as I use my batg blog for that. Great initiative. Should make @chitzkoi ’s graph making job a bit easier too. And we all love the commentary every month so want that to continue!

SPORTS

3 Likes

I can’t edit… :sob:

You can only edit the added and removed columns

2 cells per user per month.

2 Likes

3 Likes

This doesn’t seem very much like SPORTSing, but okay.
__:cd1980:
:soccer: :leg: .

:arrow_down_small: .
:goal_net:

@BATG_Warriors ! The moment comes again! You are 25% of the way through your allotted time! Winter has ended, and you may be expected to go outdoors!

What is your score?! Updates should go into Mike’s new spreadsheet in the comment I’ve replied to here!

5 Likes

Have we got until the 31st? Got plans to do some more bits before then :slight_smile:

5 Likes