War Against The Gray [BATG 2022 overview thread]

I stood there with @Oxymandias in a games store looking at a box of 10 squig hoppers, but I managed to hold back.

Then I realised he gave me eight spider riders. Well, mainly spiders, but they’re the important part.

So, +8!

5 Likes

A rich harvest of 49 painted this month. Whatever the triple figures badge is, I can taste it!

Also, who’s this TOTAL bozo on the spreadsheet? 2489 painted? Someone should audit them…

4 Likes

He doesn’t even manually input his progress every month. Just uses some bot formula hack!

This month cruised on past. Hope the sports have been ever in our favor this month.

2 Likes

I’m totally jellyfishing here!

Looks like I may need to join in for 2023… seems like everyone is having a good time and making good progress here!! So just to clarify the rules… if I already own, say, 100 plastic CD Warriors and in intend to paint them, then I would start of with a +100 score? Or would I start off at zero until I add/paint something?

~N

2 Likes

Every year starts off with 0. Paint more then you aquire that year is good, the other is bad.

To get high scores in batg you have to start off with a big pile of shame haha

Happy to have you join in!

5 Likes

Oh my, LOL… I’ll be off to a roaring start then - 304 Warriors, 128 Blunderbusses, 33 Bull Centaurs, 50 Warmachines, 227 Hobgoblins on foot, 104 Sneaky Gits, 74 Wolf Riders, 24 Heroes/Sorcerers, 6 Azgorh warmachines I’m intending to re-paint, 56 Infernal Guard, 4 Lammasu and riders, 7 Great Tauruses… haven’t gotten around to counting the older Citadel CDs and Hobgoblins, plus I have a number of custom creations that I showcased on CDO that are built but not painted… and this is just my CD collection. I’ve got hundreds more across all of the Orc, Skaven, Elf, Daemon, Ogre, Warriors of Chaos, etc. armies. Any excuse to get moving is good.

3 Likes

Please please join in next year! I’ll definitely be doing it again. It’s been great motivation to knock out big blocks of backlog!

3 Likes

I agree, its been “fun”! But to be honest its been good for me, really kept me from getting too much stuff… Even though Im really struggling to get back to 0 atm. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah for me too, one of the best things for my hobby in years!
My goal is still to get gold by the end of the year, and I still want to finish my Night Goblins by then, so this is now really effective in limiting my purchases. I’ll def also join 2023.

2 Likes

It was at this point I realised I had more painted at the end of June than September :expressionless:

5 Likes

as they say. BATG is several sprints, not a marathon.

wait… maybe I’m doing this wrong

4 Likes

Well after missing August I’m reading to make an impact come back with…1 painted model :smiley:

Yep, finished a test mini for Sons of Horus and that’s it. Also I’m good with that.

As fun as it is to get stuff painted (eventually) certainly my main motivation with this was do stop buying stuff and to echo what has been said above me this has been a massive help for that.

This year I have had very few purchases, Horus Heresy being the biggest, with my Imperium Subscription now canceled too it should really put a stop to anything incoming. Sure it would be nice to see the painted pile go up but it’s been really great to see that bought pile being so low (in comparison to previous hobby years rather than everyone else’s)

4 Likes

@BATG_Warriors !

As year end approaches, I awaken!

Submit yourself, and be judged!

4 Likes

I should probably start prepping for BatG 2023 this year could end… poorly

8 Likes

3 Likes

The tales we could tell! Though truth be told…

2 Likes

Backed the latest Punga KS, just have to update my score… So I aim for a negative score next year. :grimacing: But atleast Ill finish around 100 painted models in a year, not bad for me and with a toddler as well…

That said BATG has been on my mind alot, every time I felt the urge to get some new crack. So really helpful even though it might not show on my score, could have been alot worse. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Stabilize your sale deflectors, watch for enemy grey.

3 Likes

Oh boy! It sure would be a mistake if @Oxymandias and I decided to get into a new game system because of Black Friday sales!

4 Likes

You tournament gamers and your fickle ways. but hey somebody has to buy those gigaboxes of stormhussle excrementors.

1 Like