Where To Get Movement Trays for The Old World

I’ve been wondering where best to buy The Old World movement trays to adapt my Fantasy army, so I thought I’d make something of a list of what I’ve found so far, and add to it as I find better/cheaper/alternative options.

As stated in the relevant Warhammer Community article, “If you’re playing at home there’ll be no requirement to rebase anything. For casual play, the size of base will make a minimal difference to gameplay. The rules will be written assuming the new larger base sizes – so if you’re planning to play competitively, you might want to upgrade to larger bases.”

Not that anyone here would need to be told by Games Workshop what size they’d make their bases. But of course some of us (myself included) often play pick-up matches against strangers, or perhaps play competitively. So for those of us, where can we buy inexpensive spaced movement trays?

How To Make Your Own Free Movement Tray STLs

A guide by @Reaver can be found here.

— Holistic Solutions —

One-stop shops for complete solutions.

Purchase (Physical)

Physical prints of Omnibase

Purchase: Omnibase prints at Firestorm Games

Purchase: MiniWargaming.com Forge

Converter Movement Trays for the Old World
Standard Movement Trays for The Old World

WarFactor.eu

Movement Trays Page on WarFactor.EU
Direct Link
Products Overview Video

Purchase: Back2Basix Movement Tray Builder (Australia Based)

Movement Tray Maker – Back 2 Base-ix Wargaming Products

3D STL

3D Printable: Individual Adapters by Caidhlaoch (FREE!)

Individual Adapters by Caidhlaoch

3D Printable: Perfect Dimension Trays by Cooptread on Thingiverse (Also has round base movement trays) (No magnet holes)

Warhammer The Old World Movement Trays by Cooptread - Thingiverse

3D Printable: Modubases

Modubases Kickstarter Link

3D Printable: Omnibase by Avatars of War

20mm to 25mm Adapters
25mm to 30mm Adapters
Cavalry: 25x50mm to 30x60mm

Omnibase Kickstarter Link

3d Printable: MiniWargaming.com Forge

Converter Movement Trays for the Old World
Movement Trays for The Old World

— Individual Square Base 20-25mm adapters —

Purchase (Physical)

GreenStuffWorld - Hollow Square Bases

Facebook Link
Greenstuffworld Link - Clear
Greenstuffwrld Link - Black

MineMountModels

Movement Trays for RPG Figure Games

3D STL

3D Printable: 20mm->25mm Square Base Adapters by Caidhloach

Cults 3D Link

3D Printable: 20mm->25mm Square Base Adapters by Avatars of War Omnibase

MyMiniFactory Link

— Spaced Square Movement Trays —

DIY

DIY: Make Your Own With Coffee Stirrers!

“Turns out coffee stirrers are 5mm wide…”

Link to Facebook Post

Image Link Backup
Obviously this will add a 2.5mm lip around the edges (i.e. half a coffee stirrer) but Fantasy has always been played with much bigger tray lips than that anyway!

Purchase (Physical)

Purchase: Customeeple MDF Spaced Movement Trays

https://www.customeeple.com/product/20-25-adapt-movement-trays/

Purchase: Ebay UK Seller - tieriel

Wargame Movement Tray 20mm to 25mm Adaptor perfect for Warhammer The Old World | eBay

Purchase: MineMountModels

Movement Trays for RPG Figure Games

Purchase: Impriwars

Overview Page
20 to 25 Tray Adapter for The Old World
25 to 30 Tray Adapter for The Old World

3D STL

3D Printable: Spacers Designed by @cornixt for Attachment onto Any Material

Spacers for spreading out models on 20mm bases to be 25mm by Cornixt - Thingiverse

3D Printable: Spaced Movement Tray STL - Auto-Generator Script for Any Size of Unit!

Created by Stefano Linguerri, link to the GitHub page.
Seen on Facebook here (Hashut alone knows whether a Facebook link will work though).

openscad -o tray.stl -D "cols=6;rows=3;" paremetric_tray_generator.scad
Will generate a tray with 6 cols and 3 rows calculated for default 25mm square base and 20mm insets, the tray will be 150x75 mm.”

3D Printable: by Highlands Miniatures

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-free-25mm-square-base-adapter-289388

3D Printable: by /u/Fortis222 on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerFantasy/comments/12nrfj1/prototyped_some_old_world_movement_trays/

Backup Rear Image Link | Backup Front Image Link
Direct Link To FREE STL
Direct Link to £2.69 Full Range

3D Printable: Perfect Dimension Trays by Cooptread on Thingiverse (Also has round base movement trays) (No magnet holes)

— Round Base Movement Trays For Age of Sigmar Cross-Compatibility —

Here we’re essentially looking for 25mm round base trays for standard infantry, similar to the original Lord of The Rings movement trays.

3D STL

3D Printable: Perfect Dimension Trays by Cooptread on Thingiverse (Also has Square base trays) (No magnet holes)

Purchase (Physical)

Customeeple MDF 25mm Round Rank-and-File Adapter Movement Trays (Perfect Dimensions)

https://www.customeeple.com/product/25mm-base-movement-trays/

Sarissa Productions MDF Conversion Trays for 25mm Round Bases (Perfect Ranks But With Outer Border)

Conversion Trays for 25mm round Bases – Sarissa Precision Limited

Other: Honourable Mention: Litko

Laser Cut Movement Trays for Miniature Figures — Page 2 — LITKO Game Accessories

7 Likes

Shameless_plug_4_DIY.exe

Anything you can buy you can do better, more custom, magnetized, and cheaper using free software.

Don’t forget about this Darklands Printing Services. New folk be sure to add any machines you have available to you.

:older_man::mega::cloud:.gif

6 Likes

I’ve added a lot more things to the list now, I should probably format it better but I still lack the forum expertise to really do so.

My favourite is the guy from the Warhammer Fantasy Dwarfs Facebook group who worked out that coffee stirrers are 5mm, that’s probably my favourite DIY method that doesn’t involve 3D printing.

@Reaver @MichaelX how easy is it to break a resin 3d printed movement tray? I know 3d printed resin is quite brittle and that would be my primary concern with a movement tray with how many metal models I’ll be putting on them.

2 Likes

Hi mate,

I would advise against resin trays/spacers but not specifically/just because of strength issues. Mostly because of cost. Fdm will be much cheaper, but also stronger. Resin is fragile but mostly when it comes to impact damage. A movement tray wouldnt break from normal usage is my guess, but it would very likely shatter when dropped, even if empty.

If you do go for resin I’d just print the raster and glue that on a sheet of wood or steel plate. That way its much stronger. But that can also be done with wood sticks as you said.

5 Likes

Saw Michael was typing so I didn’t bother, this is exactly what I would’ve said and more.

4 Likes

I made my own spacers.

Have to remember to let them cool before removing them from the printbed, or they bend easily and are a pain to bend back.

8 Likes

I’ve updated this with the addition of a UK ebay seller I found (link).

I also used spoilers to neaten the post and make it easier to navigate.

If I may pitch in with my own attempt at a solution:

Inspired by this very thread, I tried making my own movement trays using my fdm printer. The pins are square pegs that fit into holes in the bottom of the bases. So you would still need to rebase your miniatures but the movement trays can be made to simulate 25mm bases for Unit mounted on 20mm ones.

The trick was to make the tolerances tight enough so the bases click on satisfactorily, but still can be removed easily.

6 Likes

Added some updates and some example pictures to make it easier to understand and find things, let me know if you guys have any suggestions on other links to include or ways to improve the navigability.

5 Likes

The base sizes for The Old World have been revealed - not for specific models, but they are at least narrowed down to a few. Plus unit trays, which can be easily adapted into base spacing instead of replacing your bases.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/31/sunday-preview-prepare-to-enter-the-world-of-legend/

4 Likes

A challenger approaches!

I’ll add it soon.

2 Likes

I’m fascinated that the 30mm hawks turned out to be right.

Huge relief that 50x100 is staying where it was as well.

Curious to see what merits a 50x over a 40x if monstrous inf stays at 40x

Excellent thread! This is exactly what I needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

yo! this seems extra neat!

1 Like

Updates:

Added Warfactor.eu

WarFactor.eu

Movement Trays Page on WarFactor.EU
Direct Link
Products Overview Video

Added MountMiniatures

Movement Trays RPG Figures

Avatars of war has individual base system at their Myminifactory store.

1 Like

Australian based, have lots of tray options including magnetic and magnet-friendly.

1 Like

Added MiniWargaming Forge (Canada-Based)

Spaced trays for converting old armies:

Conventional style movement trays:

2 Likes

A few more links someone from another forum found (for free and for money):

3 Likes

Saucermen Studios just released a big set of conversion trays at https://saucermenstudios.com.au/product/movement-tray-20-25mm-square-base-converter-bundle-stl/