Who wants a premium hardback book with all old world pdfs?

I’m in!

Brilliant idea.

3 Likes

Some more thoughts:
So if we’re in agreement about adding a contents page, some other suggestions:

• It could be cool to include the Old World WarCom articles in the book, the ones pre-almanack, as a sort of intro section to the book and a sort of bit of history. Obviously only if it is page-efficient and if the books aren’t too big already.

• It might be worth waiting up to a month before pulling the trigger, to allow for GW to make panic edits shortly after launch.

• If we do the above, we can perhaps also include the first errata document(s) for the other books perhaps, again if space efficient and cost effective. This way, in ten years when the errata apocalypse occurs, at least our Old World book collection will have something that should theoretically rectify the worst issues with the launch books.

Edit

I made a mock-up of a warhammer community article in book-print form (Imagine this but slightly better):
Discord Link.
Direct Download Link.
The Warhammer Community Article in question.

1 Like

So, tbh I can’t say that I care at all for the WarCom stuff. I would love to have the PDFs in a nice printed book to use during games or make army lists, none of which would be the case for the WarCom articles. I can’t see myself getting the book out of the cupboard to read those.

As for waiting a while to maybe get v1.1 and/or errata, I could agree to that. But it’s of course unclear if and when that happens. And I’m sure, Linus will want that book in time for Umea GT :wink:

3 Likes

I would, in my personal opinion, keep it simple and easy to fulfill… adding more stuff isnt always the same and adding more value

4 Likes

I agree of course, I’m just throwing out ideas and seeing whether anyone is interested.

To me an ideal outcome scenario would be a list of all the feature suggestions (suggested by me or anyone else), as separate options in a poll, and then everyone can vote on what all they would like to see in the book.

And again, I am entirely willing to do the work to make my suggestions a reality, as long as @LaketideMiniatures doesn’t mind the extra communication work of enabling me to do so. If he says no I won’t argue, this is already a great service to the community on his part and I wouldn’t ask him to do any more than he is happy to do.

3 Likes

I gladly accept help with design and making an index for each part. Maybe even covers for each team if it doesn’t already exist. Adding extra. Content won’t happen though

2 Likes

need suggestions now:
name for the book (armies of the lost and damned as an example)

a cool quote / poem / text for the back cover.
(never had so many had so few to thank for so much, sarcastic example)

Let your imagination loose!

2 Likes

I find “The Lost and the Damned” already pretty good! It’s pretty much to the point, I’d say :wink: (tbh I find it already better than the official “Armies of Fantasy”) I’d just skip the “armies of”. If you want it to be funny call it “The Suburbs” or “The Neighborhood” or “Around the Old World” or something. But I wouldn’t advise that.

I need to think about a quote or something.

1 Like

Title: Chaos Dwarfs and other doubtlessly inferior armies

“With great blubber comes great responsibility” - Tonraq the Broken

6 Likes

I would call it “Forgotten Legions”.

I would put this quote on the back:

"By all means, try and stop 'em. I won’t stand in your way. Beat them back, chop them down, hold the line, carry the day. Cover yourself in glory, or in guts, it makes no difference to me. Or to the dead, for that matter. You’re just postponing the inevitable, lad. Mark my words, they’ll get us all in the end."

+++ Black Ruprecht +++ [5]

5 Likes

The quote is originally about Vamp Counts but I sort of like it as having multiple layers of meaning. He could he saying that about any of these “dead” armies, or us as players, or GW.

5 Likes

The Chaos Dwarfs and their Unpaid Labourers

4 Likes

I created an account instead of just lurking to jump in on buying the book!

12 Likes

You fell for the classic “you wanna buy a book” register trap!

4 Likes

i just found this post
to be sure i get it correctly, it’s a PDF of all the upcoming new WH old world related stuff?
like rulebooks and armybooks?

1 Like

nope. its a book of the stuff they dont wanna print themselves. AKA chaos dwarfs rules + the other shit teams

2 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOO the extras! the legacy stuff and shit (in the shed)
that’s indeed interesting. gotta see if in my area i’ll manage to find players, but this is interesting

3 Likes

You can pick them up when you come to the tournament in sweden :wink:

3 Likes

Could you give a list of all the content that would be in the book?

Is this a fan army list plus all of the Old World rules sufficient to play the game?

If so then yes I’d like to buy.

No, it is of course not a replacement for any of the other books. Simply a nice print-out of the free ‘Legends’ pdfs for the Old World.

And to be clear as well, it is not a matter of buying/selling, there is no profit at play here, it is simply that purchasing the books together from the printer as one big group lowers the price versus doing so individually.

5 Likes