ZODDs Realm of Chaos(-dwarf)

Oh damn! We got him! I had no idea the helmet could come out that good! You painted in an excellent way!
Also the 2 horn musician is total class ahahahah

Always loved your style! :cd1980:

5 Likes

Beautiful use of purple, mate! Love the paint scheme

2 Likes

So took a short break from the artisans head scratching. My love of centaurs i think is probably well known by now. As im using dark halflings or darklings in my force as hobbos i wondered what a halfling centaur would look like…
And what would it be called?
A centaur is 1 and half creatures at least in terms of limbs. So one and a half halflings= a 3/4-ling!
The 3/4 ling then…

Too much? Haha :smile:

10 Likes

Nah, it’s not too much.
I’d say it’s perfect.
I’m not a fan of centaurs, but I really gotta admit that I like this guy!

2 Likes

I think you haven’t found the right ones yet…You will be a fan of centaurs when you sculpt one you like!

Might even be a hobbo one haha
Hobbo mutants

3 Likes

Latest stuff painted:

Some chaos dwarves including Oxymandias meshmixed ones. Really enjoy painting them.

A boar centaur and a pig rider, :pig2: :flushed:. Kind of a comical model to become part of a cavalry regiment at some point.

One of eddies designed helmets this time on a halfling std bearer.

Battlemasters goat goodness. These will take the place of orc slaves in the army. Beastmen are more plentiful slave supply in the realm of chaos.
Im nervous about painting them, id like to paint them tzeentchy with blue fur and lighter pink coloured flesh bits…i dunno…

17 Likes

Sounds like a great scheme to me.

3 Likes

The 3/4-ling done. Nice little expendable hero. Imagine a unit of these as hobbo wolf riders… silly idea, hope i dont do it.

Tzeentch battlemasters beastmen

I found these really hard to paint. Even harder than the new hobbo slitta boyz. The end result though is i like them, dont know if i can do 20 though. The mage reminds me of skeletor slightly.

The others ive painted include a mutated darkling musician , a berserker and a 4 eyed blunderbusser.
I probably enjoy painting the macrocosm cds the most, they are all derived from sjoerdo sculpts after all…

15 Likes

great paintwork, love the oldskool colour choices!

2 Likes

Those Tzeentch beastmen are really lovely! Love the colours on them.

3 Likes

Thankyou very much for the compliments guys :smiling_face:

After a long search looking for my competition entry photos…

This centaur powered tank is my hardest build yet. I wanted to make it out of waste sprues and junk as much as possible.

7 Likes

I was making such a mess with plastic everywhere i got down on the carpet reaver-style night after night…dead legs all the time haha
Of course the wheels were too big so i had to lower the tank closer to ground, making it harder.

I should have added the spikes to the roller before attaching it…would have saved much pain.

9 Likes

I carved up every sprue using a heated scalpel with the cooker. I had no right arms for the centaur conversion had to use 2 left. What a bugger to fit the centaur inside and attached to the wagon at the right height!

8 Likes

As the roof isnt fixed on i could add a middle tier easily enough to make a juggernaut…maybe i will one day.

The steam powered skull kracker variant is so compact, i only just got the osm chaos dwarf inventor in there due to a massive anvil on his back. Had coal and a shovel to add, just no space. It is steered by the 2 skull levers (mad max style) allowing variable amounts of steam to push the front wheels forward and rotate the dicer. The steam can be adjusted on the steam tank itself, partly made using a wood axe dwarf gifted by zanko.

12 Likes

And the finished war machines. I think i like the skull cracker variant better. Its just so compact. The inventors evill skull helm showing he is a bit of a psycho haha

19 Likes

These turned out beautifully! Incredible concept, amazing models. I could see this as part of a train or caravan that breaks off to wreak some havoc!

The colours are great, the centaur and anvil dwarf, now that I can see them up close are awesome. Great paint job on these guys. Both models have so much character, and are really cool.

4 Likes

Thats craftsmanship right there! Excellent one!!

2 Likes

So so good. Love these models, and definitely see potential for a modular kit with stackable layers!

Obviously your style is well suited to the old school contest. And you’ve executed these scratch builds to match seamlessly.

4 Likes

Really great entry, what a creativity and terrific implementation! Like to see more models like this! :hatoff:

2 Likes

Impressive & inspiring build – your entry was among my top 3. :slight_smile:

Did you use the hot blade for carving the wood texture or only the overall shape? For making styrene look like wood I did use a wire brush in the past as described here but that works better for smaller scale models than 28mm. I really like the deep cuts / wood grain on your model, so I’m very much interested in how you achieved that.

Also, ingenious use of a pencil!

3 Likes