ZODDs Realm of Chaos(-dwarf)

I had to laugh at the kneecapped Chaos Warrior, great idea!

2 Likes

Iconic painting style, to say the least. I need to learn to paint with a pastel palette, haha

3 Likes

My vision for my golden hat entry this time was to bring what i felt old school chaos dwarf army thriving in the realm of chaos are all about. Something not too out of place in warhammer 3rd edition. Imagined 2000pts worth.

These are for the most part these are clams ewal dverger. The search for the right crossbow dwarfs has been hard. These are them. They are released by osm at the end of the month. I needed to make each unit a legal size if possible so added command from the assault group. I like the fact he is saying up yours while his mates peppering the enemy with bolts. I did mess up the musician though- he doesnt shine.

Minotaurs…chaos dwarfs need minotaurs in their army. It just works! These are blacktree ones. I thickened the legs on one with greenstuff. Probably need a unit of 6 alternative kdaii?

This bad boy i discovered on one of the best websites ever. Stunties.com . From rafm. The only other guy ive seen with 1 (2) of these is zanko…he has good taste. These are easy to get in america but not in the uk ££££!
I struggled a bit with colours for this, also it didnt come with guns. Used some gw ones. I guess thus is a low tech version of a chaos dwarf steam tank

18 Likes

What to say? Utterly glorious work, mate.

3 Likes

Beautiful work. Live the minos especially

2 Likes

So im a little over obsessed with chaos dwarf centaurs. Its become a bit of a problem…
What would my wife look like with 4 legs…? Maybe thats a bit disturbing. :thinking:

Two are from knightmare games. The other is a conversion using a fair bit of molten plastic-fun and messy.

I love ogres! I blame michaelx for reigniting that love.
2 of these are waddingtons ogres. I had to next level (this sh1t) oxymandius battlemasters obsession. Lovely models, fit well with the heroquest ones, love the humour of them. They also made hobgoblins for this game, look nice from a distance…

The mortar crew faces…were hard, once it was pointed out to me they were masks not faces, i went with it. I nice little clam sorcerer there too.

13 Likes

Waddingtons manticore with some liquid plastic more fur. The model exudes character. I got given it for free with the ogres from ebay, tried the bedt i could with it, no idea what it could be used as in game, probably a kdaii that attacks others in the unit as per fire damage rules…

My little darklings! Love these guys as a fun alternative to hobbos. I tried to paint grey like mr reaver but ended up with black and off white. Hopefully the paint job gives an impression of evilness. The demon sticking his finger dangerously close to the victims bum., reminded me of a comedy. If attacked by a bear :bear: go to foetal position,it wont attack non threats, then when the thing gets randy, abort foetal position!!

No idea what that film was…

And the models that cost me £210! These heroquest-like chaos dwarfs were brilliantly custom crafted by Oxymandias on mesh mixer- they are in his blog somewhere. He generously donated these to me. Absolutely love them, so much so i had to get a printer to make more of these awesome things.

Another model of note, the superb sculpt by sjoerdo, a general blessed by nurgle with a somewhat unhealthy looking puppy.

12 Likes

Last but not least is my proxy for a centaur hero in 9th edition wap. I toyed with idea of wings too but figured he would see more service as is. Did anyone notice this juggernaut looks like a walrus? It does …with metal legs and armour.
A lovely old model woth a lovely clam cd rider generously donated by zanko.

Thats the end of my gh entry…i think ive blown all my load (ideas) with this one . I dont think i will ever top it…but im stupid enough to try…

Thanks for everyone who voted for me, really made my day! :cd1980:

13 Likes

What an incredibly coherent and good looking group.

I am not a big fan of old miniatures (well, chaos dwarfs can’t be old), but your group is really ingeniously painted and fits into the whole picture.

And yes, the mount looks like a mighty Walrus.

3 Likes

Incredible work! :metal: Nothing more to say! Except maybe … love them! :smiley:

1 Like

why is this the first time I see this thread!?

great models and paintings, love the colorful eighties feel of the models!

3 Likes

Batg 2022 update as of 180322

Models purchased: +25
Models printed (Decent quality and whole -about 3/4 of what im tried to print): +54
Cost per model printed so far: £4.07 (outlay so far £220)

Painted 73 for golden hat ,(8 were painted between xmas and new year so dont count):- 65

Painted 12 since golden hat: -77 painted this year in total

Im on a grand total of +2!

Feckkk!

Here are 11 of the 12 latest models:

Im pretty happy with the heroquest cd, he came out lovely. The centaurs are a bit too big for my liking, the next will be at 92%

Some nice goblins (was in two minds as these should be in my off topic blog or here)

So +2…

7 Likes

Still 2 weeks left @Zoddtheimmortal

Also… i love your paintjob mate. Said it before but it is just gorgeous

1 Like

Exquisite painting as always! Whatever models you tackle, you bring them to life in vivid colour and good taste.

Great old school collection here and some brilliant paint jobs. Your GH entry got my vote. It took me a while (years) to realise the mortar crew are wearing masks as well :sweat_smile: I’m going to have to go back and repaint the ones I did wrong.

I feel like I’ve seen this guy before but cant seem to find him now. Is he available from anywhere?

edit: Think I managed to find him:

7 Likes

I am a big hat guy but yours army is so cool I can’t avoid to admire it!
Compliments :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much. Thats him yeah…i bought the unit deal of them. They do very nice foot knights too. Hope you get a few and paint them up in colour schemes similar to your daemon cannon, theyd look great!

2 Likes

I’m very tempted. Just found the unit deal but I think I’ll just get a couple for now. I thought you had to buy the mounts and riders individually for a second and that almost put me off. I’ve just backed the OSM Ewal Dwerger Kickstarter as well so I need to watch my spending. I’m going to get some of the Boar Knights and see how they mix as a unit.

1 Like

Back to painting for fun then!

The guy with the beaky helmet. Eddy 3d sculpted his head, came out great. Wont be long before he is making armies…

The crossbow guy is an essex chaos dwarf. I love my little chaotic dark mutated halfling. If anyone wants to 3d scult some weird and wonderful limbs for them (for me to print) then please do!

14 Likes

What can I say… quantity, stunning quality, and the scroll bearer familiar! I can’t get enough familiars. The helmet on the darklings troop filler is one of my favorites. Really like your off-white. I should paint with ivory more.

3 Likes