ZODDs Realm of Chaos(-dwarf)

Absolutely loving the use of color. There are so many different types that show just how good you are with all colors. Love the shading you manage to accomplish with each of your colors. TEACH ME MASTER!!!

1 Like

Hahaha …master…near spat my cereal out!
I have a real basic old fashioned way of painting, loving bright colours excentuated by black shading. Basically one stronger colour and 1 weaker colour. I try and use each colour on at least 2 areas

Colour combinations that i think work are:
Blue- goes with pink, light warlock purple, yellow, orange
Pink- goes with blue, green, purple
Red- goes with bleached bone or purple or space wolf grey
Green-goes with orange, pink, definitely not yellow!
Purple goes with pink, light blue, bleached bone to certain extent

Always looking for the next colour combination that works though.

For master painters ask nergal, reaver and Oxymandias for actual decent advice haha

2 Likes

Mate… you are selling yourself short…

The Brazen crew have talked about your painting style a lot. We all agree… its bloody brilliant.

It might be old-fashioned but you mastered it very well.

4 Likes

Haha I’ve not earned a place in that list mate. Thanks all the same.

1 Like

Absolutely

Color theory mastery is not something to scoff at. I still struggle with color selection (mainly because I’m too stubborn to take a methodical approach to it). But yea, what @MichaelX said

I present my latest chaos dwarf character- General Nightwing riding an old gw manticore

Of course i damaged him trying to make him fit on his mount, the vallejo matt varnish didnt save it. I couldnt get him of that paperclip either so had to cut it down to a stub. Never know how the suspension on a paper clip is supposed to work properly…

Oh yeah i painted these guys too…

14 Likes

They’re so good! That manticore is just perfect!

1 Like

Looking good. Non metallic metals on manticore riders gold parts is ace

1 Like

Nice Manticore. I have that one somewhere in the oh too long painting queue

1 Like

Beautiful job

1 Like

The helmet on this halfling champion is exquisite. That whole halfling unit really sings with character!

Really liking the manticore work as well. Something, I have a direct vested interest in as of this week. I’ll definitely pop over to this blog to inspire Mr Helsnicht on this very same beast.

2 Likes

So instead of painting i decided to build some things including this (basically trash build) from 2 broken models.

So i cut down this warboar and used this old dwarf. Its not a perfect fit…need a bigger plastic torso really. To close the gaping gaps i am trying out melted plastic in acetone rather than green stuff. I hope it hardens back up nice and i can file it down a bit. I like the idea of carving into plastic and filling gaps with plastic rather than green stuff cos im rubbish. Plastic seems more permanent.

Anyone else messed about with molten plastic? What stuff can you do?

7 Likes

Brilliant work on the Manticore and rider! Love the colors. Makes for a very striking model. Awesome to see that old model painted up as well. Cheers!

2 Likes

Cheers jackswift, much appreciated. Was umming ang arring how to use that manticore and find a rider that fitted it. Big thin legs with small feet was needed!
(Rider body was graciously donated by zanko)

1 Like

This was my interpretation of Zhanta himself and his little helper/assassin. I really wanted a sack as well, i know i have an ogre one but couldn’t find it anywhere.

Zhanta claws would be a rather unhinged version of this guy after taking a club to the back of the head.

The envoy from jac:

Goes in perfectly into my army, looks great! he will see plenty of service thankyou very much!

17 Likes

This photo i posted earlier has cost me £20. Payday and my will to not buy more models has crumbled again…

The challenge is to make them look this good

Purchases this year:
2 models from forlornhope
7 ralpartha kev adams goblins
13 essex chaos dwarfs

Models printed: errr…working on it…

Models painted: tba at some point :point_right:

Batg 2022 to try and keep me on the straight and narrow

15 Likes

Awesome 80s vibe dude :fire:

2 Likes

So +13 to the pile. I thought id share this photo as the standard of these sculpts is much higher than i expected.
These are £1.25 each from essex miniatures, sculpted in 1986.
The crossbows are the best ive ever seen. One of them is clearly a tzeentch one.

7 Likes

The models are very old school, but in a special sense. :thinking: I’m not sure I can get comfortable with the models… in doubt I wait and see how they look painted by you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes