ZODDs Realm of Chaos(-dwarf)

Haha, that is a challenge I cant back away from… :rofl:

5 Likes

Painting much slower now that im back to work. 2 ‘real’ chaos dwarfs and 3 fakers. I like my ‘zanko’ dwarf colour scheme. He looks like a general but he is so little. Every chaos dwarf warrior looking like a hero is a problem for choosing a general. Keep changing my mind on who will lead the rabble.

11 Likes

I also like this colour scheme, this is quite a collection of models building up, may have to call for a group/army shot soon as it would be quite a spectacle

Thanks ghraskdragh, much appreciated.
So this week ive painted a fair bit. Wife is getting cross at me.

A cheap earthshaker cannon.collecting chaos dwarves is expensive, got to cut corners somewhere…

So you big hat lovers misguidedly following hashut (probably just some daemon prince wanting to be like one of the 4 chaos gods). You would have thrown this lovely cyclops guy in a lava pit because of his mutation, where as (lucky for him) the old gods love variety. I got him and the mm90 guy free from a really generous guy on ebay due to a defect on a different model. There are so many kindly people connected to collecting chaos dwarves. I received free stuff from 2 companies as well.

Major size issues- mantic cds will need their own separate unit eventually. I wonder how badly ill get stick for the anti-hatist comment i made earlier… :laughing:

6 Likes

And i just got these guys a few days ago…love them!

7 Likes

A quick photo to show what 2k points of chaos dwarves looks like. A fair bit more still to be painted

17 Likes

Thats as impressive as great looking! :heart_eyes:

Fantastic army, one of my favourites on here :+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

What a fun and well designed army! I usually prefer a paler and darker palette, but you make those colorful guys look really cool!

Thankyou v much for your kind comments guys. Much appreciated. The army is in need of a centrepiece, hopefully ill fulfil that need with the upcoming competition. Just awaiting stuff to arrive.

A very impressive 2k! Good idea with the ol Mage Knight mortar. somewhere my 4th grade self stashed 2 of those mortars and 2 or 3 of the cannons… need to go dig those up…

1 Like

So in the last 2 weeks ive painted this lot. Pretty close to running out of chaos dwarves to paint. Hopefully ill get reinforcements arriving soon, especially what i need to enter the platform contest.

Cheers reaver i had no idea on the manufacturer of that artillery set. I ripped the dials off over 20 yrs ago, only using them now.

The chaos dwarves get allocated to different regiments according to size. Ral partha gw and macrocosm go v well together. The kitbashed ones are slightly larger and the mantic are a little taller again. Replacing the heads on the mantic with helms reduces the height difference a fair bit.

9 Likes

Cant wait to paint these guys:

Just a very incomplete tower thingy missing key components standing in my way…

I think the guy with scythe is my favourite one. Hope i do them justice.

The creator has to be my favourite chaos dwarf sculptor. We should do some group funding thing one day to keep sjoerdo making more lovely chaos dwarves, or just 1 rich git with a plan : p

8 Likes

Hi mate, good to see they arrived in good health! Can’t wait to see what piant job you will give them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Latest additions. I think that chaos warrior mini-me is a great model.

The bad news is that ill not get the juggernaught done by the 10th, the supplier forgot to send the missing bits : (

I ordered some cheap but nice minotaurs (£6 each) from blacktree. I dont know why minotaurs arent in the chaos dwarf army list. Especially as they are in the blood bowl team. Count as the big centaurs maybe?

6 Likes

Great color scheme! Love them! :metal:

1 Like

Hi,

where can I buy those chaos dwarves ?
Thanks.

Try asking the sculptor @sjoerdo on here by pm

1 Like

Hey thanks for the answer. I’m new here and I don’t seem to find the pm button… :frowning:

Go to the list icon top right. Click users, find him in the 127 people on here. No worries. Goodluck.