[Archive] Golden Hat #5 - Painting Competition!

furrie:

thanks for the answer

Hashut’s Blessing:

I don’t expect it to win, but it looks quite good, IMHO. Glad I finished it so quickly. Does it’s role have to be that of a standard bearer or could they just have a standard upon them?

furrie:

I finaly finsihed the converting part, now I need to come up with a good color scheme:P

Sharp:

Alright Xander, you convinced me. I’ve joined the forums and I’ll try and get something done for this comp. :smiley:

Xander:

Alright Xander, you convinced me. I've joined the forums and I'll try and get something done for this comp. :D

Sharp
Huzzah! :P

I was at GW yesterday and ran into this guy. He had been lurking on the forum's but I encouraged him to sign up, and enter the Golden Hat competition. ;)

Welcome Sharp!

Merchant:

I’m in for this too, me & my fiancé are both making a CD-SB :slight_smile:

zagor66:

What about the golden hat 4 , havent seen any results on that yet?

Xander:

I have yet to post them on the main site, but GH4 is long over: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7339

Kera foehunter:

i’m omost done. WOW !!! you guys don’t have a chance!!!

just kidding

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Haven’t started yet. Still two weeks to go. One week for converting, one week for painting. :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Anticipation building…

/looks at model

/sighs

Getting mighty sick of the look of GS…

/awaits Warplockmonkey’s admonition of a GS/BS mix.

Xander:

My bro is working on an entry! I need to catch up to him, perhaps I will dedicate tomorrow to converting something special. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Conversion work is done. Model is primed. I expect to have it finished by the end of this week.

Grimstonefire:

Judging by the interest so far this should be the best one yet!  I will hopefully undercoat mine tommorow.

@Hashut’s Blessing

The theme is ‘Standard Bearer’, so if you would use it as a standard bearer in the game it doesn’t have to hold it in hand(s).

As a for instance; a mechanical monstrosity that you will use to represent your BSB (or a unit you’ve made up, as long as its US 1).  This model could be a walking BSB, like an icon of Hashut, or it could have it mounted on its back if it doesn’t have arms.

Hope that answers that.

furrie:

my model is finished and I will take some photos tomorrow when its light

Kera foehunter:

I’m going to have my done this weekend.

Willmark:

Sculpting complete. Painting has begun. 11 days to go, I had better get a move on!

GRNDL:

I’m more or less in the same boat. I’m only able to spend about 1.5 hrs a day on the project and now I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve been too ambitious with it. I have a lot of model to paint now. LoL.

Its all these damn beards!! :o

Ah well.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Why, does your standard bearer have more than one beard? :slight_smile:

Narflung:

NOOOO! Primed and ready to paint, but I have to go away for my work tomorrow. Damn their late notice!!

To everyone else, GOOD LUCK!