[Archive] Site Suggestions

Xander:

If you have a suggestion on how to make Chaos Dwarfs Online even better, we welcome you ideas! We will surely consider them and let you know if we agree. If we do, your idea should come to fruition! We appreciate all the help we can get.

Cheers,

-Xander

Snotling:

yeah, i have a suggestion! :slight_smile:

these Smiley are pretty cute :rolleyes: :smiley: :slight_smile:

… so that’s the problem, they are to cute for a CD forum. i want some smileys which shows manic laughter and something like that ^^ couldn’t you add smileys which looks more… mad? ^^

that’s all for now :slight_smile:

…too cute ^^

someone2040:

Roar.

Xander:

The smilies can definitely be changed. I will look around for a good set somewhere.

@Someone: Those are great, hehe.

Hashut’s Blessing:

They don’t show up for me. Dammit.

Snotling:

hehe, very good ^^

another suggestion (hey, you wanted it! ^^): i think “Hot Thread” and “Contains Posts by You” is not that important, it would be better, so see the “New, unread posts”, “new read posts”, “old unread posts” and “old read posts”. know, what i mean?
and maybe you could increase the maximum of posts per site in one threat. it makes it a little more complicated, that the site changes after ten replys, imho.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can see them now. Cool. And snotling, you can change the 10 posts per page in the User CP (Next to the log out link).

Grimstonefire:

A few suggestions for people to consider.

Firstly, what about a background to appear behind all these boxes?��Being just white is not particularly evil in any way :happy

My initial thought was fire/ flames as this could be in character and yet not too black for anyone.��They could have the colour taken right down to be quite subtle, or even black and white.

Another thing might be changing the description of the ‘Rules development’ area to be something more like this;

Got a new Chaos Dwarf unit or character that you want feedback on? Perhaps a new scenario, armylist or ideas for a campaign. Then post and test them here!��

It invites dicussion of wider things that just what should or should not be in a new book.��It also wouldn’t need updating then once the book comes out.

Also to get us on Warvault with a ‘vote for us’ link in the ‘Chaos Dwarfs Online’ section (under website news, or staff for those with that option).

My final suggestion (of the top of my head), is a long term project that would take a while to do.��Basically its to have a quick flash intro to the site leading to the main portal.��I have a few ideas on this, but then we would need to know what Xander our technical whiz could do.

I have a picture in my mind of where I want CDO to be, and depending on what skills we have access to will determine how good we can make this.��The aim being to impress people as they first enter the site.

EDIT

Another possible idea is a very simple ‘animation’ (for want of the correct technical term) on the main banner itself?��IMO the banner should be changed anyway at a point in the distant future.��Its fine for now though.

Xander:

A few suggestions for people to consider.

Grimstonefire
*cracks knuckles*
Firstly, what about a background to appear behind all these boxes? Being just white is not particularly evil in any way :)

Grimstonefire
The current theme is a very basic one. I intend on making more dark and detailed ones with more graphics. Users could then select from multiple themes.
My initial thought was fire/ flames as this could be in character and yet not too black for anyone. They could have the colour taken right down to be quite subtle, or even black and white.

Grimstonefire
Ya, we could edit the default skin to include these. Or make a totally new theme, what do you think?
Another thing might be changing the description of the 'Rules development' area to be something more like this:
Got a new Chaos Dwarf unit or character that you want feedback on? Perhaps a new scenario, armylist or ideas for a campaign. Then post and test them here!

Grimstonefire
Not a bad idea. You have Admin powers! Make it so. :)
It invites dicussion of wider things that just what should or should not be in a new book. It also wouldn't need updating then once the book comes out.

Grimstonefire
Agreed.
Also to get us on Warvault with a 'vote for us' link in the 'Chaos Dwarfs Online' section (under website news, or staff for those with that option).

Grimstonefire
By all means. What is needed for this? If any graphics are needed just tell me the size I have to make and I will do it. What's the link to this?
My final suggestion (of the top of my head), is a long term project that would take a while to do.

Grimstonefire
Check out the Wiki. My hope is that becomes one of our goals, to fill it up with our Chaos Dwarf Knowledge. Plus I will be making a Web Site portion which will showcase armies and conversion guides.
Basically its to have a quick flash intro to the site leading to the main portal. I have a few ideas on this, but then we would need to know what Xander our technical whiz could do.

Grimstonefire
I can do anything you can think of in your head. Just let me know what you envision.
I have a picture in my mind of where I want CDO to be, and depending on what skills we have access to will determine how good we can make this. The aim being to impress people as they first enter the site.

Grimstonefire
Sounds like a good plan. I am open to all ideas.
EDIT
Another possible idea is a very simple 'animation' (for want of the correct technical term) on the main banner itself? IMO the banner should be changed anyway at a point in the distant future. Its fine for now though.

Grimstonefire
That's more difficult. As the MyBB system uses images to be displayed in the top. I would have to hack it someway for a flash banner. Unless we just use an animated Gif, in which case we will have colour loss.

Whew. Good stuff. Don't forget, you are an Admin too. :)

Grimstonefire:

I have added some Smilies for us to use, eventually I plan to get rid of all the old ones.

:)��:(��:cheers��:hat��:mask��:mad��:sick��:hat off

If anyone has any suggestions for simple ones just let me know.��I’m not up to any animations yet.

@Xander

http://www.warvault.net/index.php

I’ll let you read all the rules and stuff

Grimstonefire:

I have added another batch of smilies.��Enjoy.

:~��:0��:idea��:hashut��:s��:h��

If there are more ideas for ones to include, just say here.

I’m not sure about this one :hashut but I will have to think of a better idea

Hashut’s Blessing:

What is :hashut meant to be, by the way? (Not meant offensively…) I think a stone sorcerer statue could be cool.

Grimstonefire:

It was my rather lame attempt at a bulls head symbol (representing ‘For Hashut!!’ etc).

The statue could be cool, I did try to think of how to make a ‘stone sorcerer’ smilie, but I wasn’t sure on how to do the beard (dark grey as stone, or white?), also what to call it ‘stoned’?? :slight_smile:

The sorcerer one :s I might need to think of a better description

I love my hobgoblin ones.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I DO like the :hashut one, just wasn’t sure if it was meant to be Hashut, daemon of Hashut or general bull-head iconography. For the stoned sorcerer (stoned is amusing, keep it that way, he he he), just use the same one, but have grey isntead of yellow skin.

hal:

:hashut

This guy looks pretty unhappy if you ask me.

Grimstonefire:

I just want to get a bit of discussion going here.

Hypothetically, within reason, what features do you think we could add here that would continue to improve the site?

These could be suggestions on forum content, or things outside of the forum and wiki.

Say anything you think, we can always sort through the ones that are feasible at the moment and keep the others for the future.

An example I got from somewhere else is a Chaos Dwarf name generator.

Or we could do a ‘sketchbook’ of Chaos Dwarf life as a macro or something.

Or an interactive map.

Or a professional looking painting guide (like they have on the GW site)

Or a ‘library section’ where we have reports/ stories/ campaign ideas that can’t be edited like the wiki.

Sobek:

I e-mailed Xander some time ago about possibly getting people with completed armies/somewhat completed armies to do “First 500 points” features like on the GW site. Those could definatley attract alot of people/help out newbies.

The Slaver:

Im pretty close to finishing my first 500 points of chaos dwarfs. As soon as they are all painted, id be glad to do this project. I still have to get more minis (which is SLOW: the sad fact of being a student, but now that its summer, the job should help), But i expect it to be done aroung end of july, early august.

AGPO:

Some more professional looking conversion articles and video guides (like the one Xander did for the BfSP warriors) would be handy. Just a thought

Master Vampire:

Eh not sure but the log-in seems broken. It’s so weird. I’ve got to log in 2 times before I am even logged on.

It’s pretty odd to see yourself just log in, return to index, and not appear on the active member area. Is there any possibility it can be changed so you can see yourself when you just log in? :cheers

edit: this also happens when I post o.O

Also, is there a plug-in that allows members to log in for a longer time, eg each time they visit the forum? It’s pretty stupid you have to log in every time you visit, even Invisionfree supports it >_<

And yes I’ve been looking at MyBB fora for some time now, maybe I’m swapping over too.