Artisan's Contest XXX: Winners!

“Pull!”

Titan Wargames Presents: The winners of the 30th Artisan’s Contest!

We had a marvellous turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from mechanical siege towers and flying ships to Juggernauts and firing platforms borne aloft by Gorgons. It was sweet to see all these weird and wonderful Chaos Dwarf creations!

And the winners are:

2 TIE

2 TIE

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #7 - @Oxymandias
2nd Place TIE - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #9 - @Abecedar
2nd Place TIE - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #4 - @WillLiam
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #2 - @Zoddtheimmortal

And an honourable mention @Freakshow668 and @Uther.the.unhinged , who both trailed bronze closely.

The entry key!

01 - @Fuggit_Khan
02 - @Zoddtheimmortal
03 - @MadHatter
04 - @WillLiam
05 - @Freakshow668
06 - @Zanko
07 - @Oxymandias
08 - @Uther.the.unhinged
09 - @Abecedar

Medals will eventually come! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @Oxymandias with his airborne siege ship will receive a Titan Wargames pyromancer , courtesy of @Baggronor:

For his monstrous vehicle, @Abecedar will carry home an Enslaved Elf of Ancient Times from Admiralty Miniatures. As will also @WillLiam for his maverick Juggernaut(s):

:

While @Zoddtheimmortal claims a kit of 15mm Tjubling Fireguard Command from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to our sponsor @Baggronor at Titan Wargames!

And that’s it for this round of Artisan’s Contest. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. :wink:

Next up, Golden Hat!

The Staff

5 Likes

Huge congratulations to the winners, and to all entrants, it was really hard to pick only 3.

2 Likes

Thanks for the votes and congratulations to all of the winners. I enjoyed doing this in the end and looking forward to the golden hat. The slave elf is an awesome prize. Thanks to all who donated. I love the look of this mini

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, firstly for entering, secondly for the prizes and thirdly for voting.

1 Like

Didn’t expect to do well with such tough competition! What a lovely surprise! :smiley: Thank you for the votes people that voted for my ship.

Amazing work from everyone in this competition- well done all.

5 Likes

Well deserved first place!

All winners are great entries!
Congratulations all!

2 Likes

Congrats, especially to the winners but great entries all around! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats to the worthy winners! :grinning:

2 Likes

Well done to the worthy winners!

Thanks also to all who voted for me in such an amazing competition.

3 Likes

I’m away visiting stepsiblings and my mother and brother for a few days. Will reply to winners in PM, ship prizes and set up next comp once back home. Just a short wait, pardon the delay. :slight_smile:

Cheers

2 Likes

Congratulations everyone! Each one was a worthy winner, well done @Oxymandias it’s an incredible piece of work

2 Likes

Congratulations everyone!

1 Like

Thanks mate. It took ages haha. Ask admiral - I handed it in about an hour or two before deadline haha :joy:

4 Likes

I wonder what will be the next competition? Hard to top a juggernaught…

A chaos dwarf steam tank would be a very cool one. Maybe you guys have already covered that before.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been scratching my head for a few ideas for future GHs and Artisans

The legacy of competitions is amazing but does mean most things have been covered at some point!!!

One thing I was thinking before…ideas for what a daemon or greater daemon of Haashut could be.

Other things I’ve thought of is a painting comp all based on the same mini. Something cheap and easy to get hold of like a reaper bones model. Everyone paints the same model and we compare what crazy conversions and paint jobs the haashut heads on the forum do with it.

1 Like

If old entries are not allowed and you guys know who entered what I see no problem with picking a past contest, maybe with a twist.
Not all will be able for a re-run but some surely will.

1 Like

Having everyone paint the same mini is an AMAZING idea!

2 Likes

Very true mate. Some of those early ones are from so long ago as well. Would be interesting to see them revisited.

1 Like

I guess a few of the ole greybeards (dyed black) here have probably upped their game (painting and converting) on their earliest competition entries

3 Likes

Back to the roots! Id love to see something old again, doesn’t really matter if its been done 13 years ago anyway… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like