Bas tries to paint a lot of stuff! [BATG 2022]

Man that many birdmen can be expensive! Great find though

1 Like

@bas_2312 this thread is the best emotional Rollercoaster Iā€™ve heen on! Solid 5/7!

5 Likes

I didnā€™t realize it would be such an emotional journey ;p

Tournament was lots of fun today. Itā€™s great to see actual real life people againā€¦

Hereā€™s some pics of my army. It counts because they show the Black Orcs I painted for this thread ;p

7 Likes

These are some amazing pictures, love seeing an army painted to this standard all out on the table ready for war

Those Kruleboyz shields looks amazing on the older minis

2 Likes

The tournament was so much fun.

9th Age rules, playing in teams (2 vs. 2), which is always fun. But the most important thing; special rule for this tournament was that all armies/units had Animosity!

Thereā€™s no more Animosity in 9th Age, because itā€™s a tournament game and that rule is too random. But it was so much fun and so frustrating to have to deal with animosity. I was afraid my love for animosity was just nostalgia, but now I miss it even more ;p

4 Likes

The final tally for February:
I havenā€™t really painted anything the last couple of weeks. Guess I was tapped out after the tournament ;p

Also, this might be an explanation:

Some more models arrived in the mail:

I did paint up a Birdmen test model, so at least thatā€™s something.

So that makes my score at the end of February:

Bought and added to the pile: 110 (+7)
Printed and added to the pile: 2

Painted models: 50 (+1)
Painted scenery: 24

Current Score: +38 (+6)

I do have some more plans, so maybe in March I get back down to zero?

5 Likes

I love that you are painting dogs of war (again)

1 Like

So, itā€™s time to reach that zero!

Tomorrow Iā€™m playing at a tournament and it really gave me a good push to finish some more models!

The tournament is Orcs & Goblins only, so that should be a lot of fun, and every player has to bring some additional stuff. Everyone has to bring 3 terrain pieces (a Fighting Pit, Statue of Borkh and Shaman Hut) and 3 Trophies that your opponent can win.

So this is what I finished this week:

7 basic Goblins to pump my unit to 50.
5 Goblins with bows to make 2 units of 25.
7 (3+unit filler) Squig Herders because I could ;p
2 Age of Sigmar models for fun.
1 General
1 BSB
3 Trophy baby squigs

And hereā€™s my terrain:

Statue:

Shaman hut:

Fighting Pit:

And I also recieved a model in the mail, packed in old White Dwarfs :expressionless: :

That brings my numbers to:

Bought and added to the pile: 111 (+1)

Painted models: 73 (+23)
Painted scenery: 27 (+3)

Current Score: +13 (-25)

Slowly getting thereā€¦

10 Likes

Those goblins look great. My favourites there are that giant squig and the statue. Very nice!

1 Like

By far the most entertaining BATG rollercoaster to enjoy here. Lovely squigs and great painting all around. I agree with Zodd the statue is phenomenal.

2 Likes

^ you and the boys when you push out into negative territory

4 Likes

(The bags of money are saved by not buying minis the rest of the year)

song would make a perfect background for a video montage of everything Bas paints this year

1 Like

Beautiful Bas! Love them!

Quick little bookkeeping post as a reminder to myself of how many models I need this finish this month ;p

No pics, but Iā€™ve won some coupons at the Orcs&Goblins tournament and bought myself some more Marvel minis, and I also bought a set of 7 Volands Venators for my Dogs of War. +11 minis in total.

I also painted some more minis, but to keep the suspense I will save that total for later in the week.

So will I be able to finish 24 more models in the next week and reach the magical 0? Finally start chasing @MichaelX ? Will I get any sleep? Find out next week on DragonBas Z!

5 Likes

Haha, we are not that far apart if you only look at painted models mate! I want you to be te very best, like no one ever was!

2 Likes

Final tally for the month:

Bought and added to the pile: 122

Painted models: 96 (+23)
Painted scenery: 28 (+1)

Current Score: 0 (-24)

I had some plans for the final model, but unfortunately I didnā€™t have time to finish it today.

That means I will reach the negative numbers in April! Letā€™s go!

I will make some pics of my production in March this weekend :slight_smile:

edit F*ck it, couldnā€™t live with that 1, so I grabbed an easy drybrush terrain piece to make it 0!

4 Likes

Ok, picture time!

Lets start with a summary picture from February, since I forgot to take one then ;p

And now itā€™s time for March!
This is what I painted this month (with a little Photoshop action because I forgot to add some minis on this picture).

Iā€™ve already shown the Goblin stuff on the left, so here are some pics of the other stuff.

Most important is the start of my Kingā€™s Empire for Wyrd Gamesā€™ The Other Side. The game was on sale last Black Friday, so I bought the entire factionā€¦ Good to start removing some of this pile of shame.

The paint scheme is based on WW1 British, so Iā€™m slowly turning into an old man/historical wargamer ;p

First the basic grunts, some normal soldiers:

With a couple of Sharpshooter upgrade models:

And their leader, Charles Edmonton:

Together with Engineer Okoye (she can also be the Leader):

And she brings the Titan for this army, the Kingā€™s Hand:

With some 3d-printed magnetized weapon options:

Thereā€™ll probably be more of this stuff over the coming months :slight_smile:

And to round out this month some random stuff:

A 3d printed Jubilee for Marvel Crisis Protocol. This didnā€™t turn out greatā€¦ but itā€™s another model done:

8 Watchers for the Horizon Zero Dawn boardgame. I have a lot more of these models to do, theyā€™re in a fun smaller scale (20mm) and paint up nicely for boardgame minis.

And finally, the model that put me to 0:

Thatā€™s March for me, on to the negative numbers in April :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Loads of great stuff here, that mech is lovely

What do you think about the Horizon minis? Are they on par with other plastic minis?

For boardgame minis theyā€™re great! The quality is better than the Other Side plastics I painted this monthā€¦

There are a lot of mold lines though, so it needs some prep. And all machines have the same pose, but thatā€™s easily fixed with a little hot water.

1 Like