Bas tries to paint a lot of stuff! [BATG 2022]

Weird month for me. First some work deadlines where I got to make some dioramas for a local kids exhibition about the 17th century:

And then there was another Star Wars Legion painting challenge, so I painted up a bunch of Clone Troopers!

So a nice pile of models painted, but then I got this in the mail…

Which makes my numbers for this month:

Bought and added to the pile: 202 (+54)
Printed and added to the pile: 2

Painted models: 142 (+14)
Painted scenery: 42

Current Score: 20 (+40)

9 Likes

Great work, but that diorama is a bit odd… In the same league as some of @Admiral s creations.

4 Likes

Those vintage nids from ages ago look really great. You don’t see many people dusting off that era of tyranid, which is a shame, because they are peak 90s aesthetic

2 Likes

Man your star wars stuff is really cool! Makes my paintbrush hand quiver!

I don’t need star wars models… I don’t need star wars models…

5 Likes

Or do you? Check out all the cool models that are available… Feel the plastic flowing through you… ;p

2 Likes

Must Resist GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

The painting challenge is now done, so here are some more Star Wars minis:

As this was the last month, I worked extra hard to finish off my Legion stuff, so now there’s no more Legion on my pile of shame!

First of all I painted this Tank:

I might have gone a bit too far with the Ahsoka fan tribute here… ;p

Then I painted up a set of C3PO and R2D2, but in the colours to match Ahsoka’s style (so R7-A7 and random protocol droid).

I also finished the rest of the ARC troopers I started painted at the start of this year:

And Obi-wan and Skyguy:

Some Senators (Padme and Chuchi, and Ruune Haako):

With some objective markers:

So that’s this pile for the Star Wars Challenge:

And now my Clone army is finished for the moment:

And for the book-keeping:

Bought and added to the pile: 220 (+18)
Printed and added to the pile: 4 (+2)

Painted models: 155 (+13)
Painted scenery: 56 (+14)

Current Score: 13 (-7)

Now back to some more non-Star Wars stuff. I need to finish some Orcs for a tournament, but also looking forward to some fun random minis.

11 Likes

Also important to mention:

I actually played a game of Legion yesterday! First game ever, and it was loads of fun (so I don’t need to throw away my army).

With some evidence:

7 Likes

really cool.
I like this colour combination and how you applied the colours. It suits your intention.
Very, very ingenious

3 Likes

So good to see these all on display together! Popping color scheme well worth the effort!

2 Likes

Noooo Bas, doont tempt me like that :flushed: :joy:

This looks great!!!

4 Likes

The game is actually fun as well!

Yes, but that requires someone to play it with haha.

2 Likes

Ok, so I lied, I didn’t completely finish off my Legion to do pile, just the Clone side.

So I fixed that:

Darth Maul and his three little friends:

A unit of STAPs:

And a big Droid Tank:

These droids paint up a lot quicker, since I went for a less factory clean paintjob. Great fun, and now I kinda want to paint more Battle Droids…

Bought and added to the pile: 220
Printed and added to the pile: 4

Painted models: 162 (+7)
Painted scenery: 56

Current Score: 6 (-7)

Almost back to zero!

10 Likes

A more random update:

I painted up the player characters for the Horizon Zero Dawn boardgame. We recently played our first game and found it hard to keep our characters apart, so they needed a bit of paint.

These models are small! 20mm scale I think. But somehow that made it more fun to add little details like warpaint.

Bought and added to the pile: 220

Painted models: 166 (+4)

Current Score: 2 (-4)

5 Likes

So here’s a little summary for August.

This is what I painted this month:

A nice pile of stuff, and a lot of it was for a Star Wars Legion painting challenge.

“Unfortunately” I won a price in that challenge, so my numbers go up again:

Bought and added to the pile: 245 (+25)

Painted models: 166

Current Score: 27 (+25)

6 Likes

Next weekend I’m playing in an Albion themed tournament, heavily paying tribute to the old Dark Shadows campaign. Ofcourse I had to dig out some minis from the depths of my collection:

And these friends fit in well too. They have been on my desk/to do pile for way too long:

With these I have painted most modern GW giants, 5 of these painted up in the last year

Bought and added to the pile: 245

Painted models: 172 (+6)

Current Score: 21 (-6)

13 Likes

Excellent! I’m proper jealous.

Another random entry in this painting log:

A couple of weeks ago I saw the Fellowship of the Ring in cinema again. It probably was almost 20 years since I saw the film, but it really brought me back to when the LotR game was all the rage…

So I dug out some Hobbits from storage and got to work:

These guys have loads of character, but are super tiny, especially compared to all the Star Wars Legion and Marvel Crisis Protocol I’ve been painting this year. But it was really fun, so I might have to paint up some more, maybe even figure out how this game works again…

For the book keeping:
Bought and added to the pile: 245

Painted models: 189 (+17)

Current Score: 4 (-17)

9 Likes

I know I’m late to the party here but wow those Star Wars minis are incredible

Always loved the Clone Wars series and that tribute to Ahsoka :cry:

Great great work

3 Likes