Bas tries to paint a lot of stuff! [BATG 2022]

Thanks! :beer:

1 Like

Painted up a shaman for my Goblins. I hate playing magic, so I managed without one so far. Also added a couple Shroom markers, and updated my BSB to match the shaman.

Bought and added to the pile: 245
Printed and added to the pile: 4

Painted models: 192 (+3)
Painted scenery: 56

Current Score: 1 (-3)

Almost back down to zero!~

Iā€™m also slowly creeping up to the 200 painted minis, just like @EvilFuzzyDoom. Any requests for mini #200? ;p

7 Likes

You and I are in a similar spot - lots bought, lots painted!

I reckon either paint something big, or paint something Chaos Dwarf!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s just no end of amazing work here. Loving all of it!! ā€¦ and what monster wraps models in pages from old issues of White Dwarf!?! That just seems so wrong to me! :wink:
~N

2 Likes

Another month done, so time for a little group pic:

And some more stuff for October already!

Last week I speedpainted some Orcs. Tried to keep them muted and muddy, but in the end I might have added a little too much colour. Still like them for a quick speedpaint project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjNxf7ntpkr/

So unfortunately no special model for nr. 200, but maybe Iā€™ll add something later

Painted models: 210 (+18)

Current Score: -17 (-18)

6 Likes

In the 200s painted and in the net negatives!

:roller_coaster:

3 Likes

Another fun one:

Today is day 275 of the year. In total Iā€™ve painted 210 models and 56 terrain pieces, so 266 things painted. Almost 1 mini or terrain piece per day! ;o

Will I keep up this tempo and make it to 365 things painted at the end of the year?

2 Likes

Ooooo 365 by end of year is a great target. You should totally try and crank out another 90 things by end of year!

ā€¦I wonder if I can find some more easy wins to speed things along.

2 Likes

thatā€™s a wonderful goal! I donā€™t think Iā€™ll hit it. Iā€™m going to run out of skeletons at this rateā€¦

1 Like

I had to finish up some Orcy stuff for a tournament next week. Some figures I had to paint, and not really wanted to paint. But they turned out fine.

I really like how this Squig turned out. Wanted him to have a kind of washed out look, faded blue because heā€™s so old. And itā€™s a lovely metal chunk of a model from Knightmare Miniatures.

And in the end I also really like these River Trolls. The skin looks really funky, but also somehow has some natural elements to it. Ofcourse the pictures donā€™t really work, but thatā€™s what you get with Iphone picsā€¦

The trolls will end up with some Stone Trolls in a massive unit. This time they count as Stone Trolls, next time I will paint up some more River Trolls so they can have a unit of their own.

Painted models: 214 (+4)

Current Score: -21 (-4)

11 Likes

Beautiful work Bas! I love the colors, they really pop

1 Like

Lovely painting, pretty jealous of that squig! Great job

2 Likes

Those trolls look awesome!

1 Like

Little more for Mordor Orctober:

Bought and added to the pile: 254 (+9)

Painted models: 224 (+10)

Current Score: -22 (-1)

10 Likes

Final model for October:

Not much too this model, but itā€™s another one done.

Bought and added to the pile: 254

Painted models: 225 (+1)

Current Score: -23 (-1)

edit* With a little summary pic for the month:

6 Likes

A small little update for today. Last sunday I played another tournament with my Goblin army, and realized I didnā€™t have enough Fanatics. So I had to remedy this problem. I now have 6 of the little guys ready to go!

Painted models: 227 (+2)

Current Score: -25 (-2)

Iā€™ll have a more substantial update for next week. Another tournament this weekend, and Iā€™ll keep the models secret until after the event :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I promised you an update, and here it is. I painted up an entire army!

Mini-army, but still counts :smiley:

Itā€™s for minihammer, thatā€™s 9th Age using 10mm miniatures, with all distances halved. So 8" movement becomes 4" (or just 8 mini inch if you make and use a special measuring device).

Itā€™s superfun to build and paints up really fast.

I had these lying around for a couple of years, and it was nice to finally finish them.

More pics can be found on my Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClOEUd6N5x7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

For the numbers, thatā€™s a nice boost:

Painted models: 297 (+70)
Painted scenery: 57 (+1)

Current Score: -96 (-71)

9 Likes

Another update with some tiny stuff.

My girlfriend had surgery yesterday, so last week was quite a stressfull week for us.

While stress-cleaning I came across a box with some Titanicus models I painted a couple of years ago.

Including some terrain I never finished. So as a nice quick distraction/project I painted up some mini 40k buildings:

Almost there with my goal for the year:

Painted models: 297
Painted scenery: 65 (+8)

Current Score: -104 (-8)

6 Likes

First a little summary for November:

And then as a start of December another little Titanicus update:

Just like @Jackswift I painted up some tiny Orks.

This time some Ork Stompas for my Legio Waaagh!

With their Imperial counterparts:

I have a couple of Ork Warhound Titans and an Ork Warlord Titan left to paint for this Legio. Might finish them up for this year, but not sure if Iā€™m in the mood for more yellow.

But for now:

Painted models: 300 (+3)
Painted scenery: 65

Current Score: -107 (-3)

Thatā€™s 365 painted pieces!
One for every day of the year! So Iā€™m basically done for the year ;p

Lets see what else I can finish.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s alot of models painted. Very, very cool result for the year! Nice to see some more Epic/Titanicus models as well. The yellow came out great!

1 Like