Call for Artwork: Cover Art for The Lost Legions book (The Print-out of the Free Old World PDFs)

Read more about the hardback book print-out ‘Lost Legions’ here. Reminder that this is a not-for profit endeavour, that is merely being coordinated for the sake of saving money individually by ordering the prints together as a group.

So basically, we’re going to do a print run of all the free PDF army lists for the legacy/legends factions for the old world, in one nice hardback book.

We need artwork for the cover, our plan is to make the book look like the Ravening Hordes or Forces of Fantasy books.

i.e. We need some art to fill the white space (and we will change the title of course as well.)

The Briefing

Deadline: 20th January 2024

The deadline is because we seek to order the print-outs within 24 hours of the release of the free PDFs.

If you have some artwork with a similar vibe to the Ravening Hordes or Forces of Fantasy artwork but sporting a Chorf army, that could work, or perhaps if you are in the mood to create something that features one of the PDF armies (Chaos Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Skaven, Vampire Counts etc.) that could work too!

Also applicable would be any army-agnostic artwork, perhaps a collage of some kind involving all the armies of the PDF factions (I might have a go at trying to make such myself)

If we don’t find anything suitable, we can always last-resort to some AI generated art.

3 Likes

Maybe we approach an artist that had some original art ready to go? Perhaps they might allow use or take a reasonable price. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ybk1l3

2 Likes

IMG_2925

I’ve always thought @Baggronor ’s artwork particularly evocative. @Admiral - not sure how active he is these days? Still runs titan wargames tho yeah?

5 Likes

Yes, for sure! One of the best artworks I’ve ever seen, period. Try to contact John Blake on Facebook if you can’t get ahold of the master artist.

3 Likes

Quick and rubbish mockup - but you get the idea

Feel like it captures chaos dwarfs and daemons in one pic. Also one book has art facing left, the other right, and this one centre.

Just an idea

@Admiral - Is Jon Baggronor? I don’t know him. He was active a bit before I was active. Remember him from my lurking days on old forum. Always loved his work

5 Likes

@knightinflames has done commission work for some of @chitzkoi ’s narrative if I remember rightly. Raul is an absolute master - sure his work would also lend that same polished look and gravitas

2 Likes

Nice mock-up! Better than I can do with my MS Paint. Yes, John is Baggronor. I pray Hashut grips him firmly again. :smile:

2 Likes

9 Likes

IMG_2930

4 Likes

I mean that looks just awesome! Excellent contrast of the colours.

2 Likes

sign me up

2 Likes

if this artwork is okay for us to use. its so good.

2 Likes

Depends on @Baggronor - he’s leant his work to WAP before.

Want me to put some feelers out over Facebook? I don’t know him and he doesn’t know me but I can prove my CDO credentials haha

4 Likes

for sure ask him

3 Likes

@LaketideMiniatures , @Baggronor just confirmed on Fb - cool to use the pic

4 Likes

Where can we get a good quality copy of the picture?

I’ll ask him

1 Like

John may not have this

What about an AI upscale?
Original and upscale:
IMG_2925

i

3 Likes

Just an FYI, in case you guys didnt know, CDO compresses the living daylight out of images. To send proper quality ones, better use another sharing platform.

4 Likes

Absolutely- just going to demonstrate. I also used a random free upscaler there. Probs much better available

1 Like