CDO Meetup 2022 - Gaming Thread

Good on ya Bolg! Are you local to the venue mate?

2 Likes

According to the member map it’s 1 to 2 hours. Would be good to have you @Bolg, even if it’s just a 1 day visit.

Let me know if you want me to add you to the list!

1 Like

Where will you guys be meeting? If it’s not too far it would be fun to show up and meet some of you guys in person :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bas_2312

Scrolled trough the entire topic 2x… missed the Venue. Based in Utrecht (NL) have access to a car (and can carpool with Bas_2312.

Long time since I played 8th edition, found memories. Think I never played the CD list thats used for the tournament (mostly used the ravening hordes list).

1 Like

@Bolg and @bas_2312 its in Stramproy (Limburg). Its about 1.5 hrs for you guys.

This info is in the main thread btw CDO meetup 2022

3 Likes

What are the thoughts of the group on how large a Bull Centaur Render or Bull Centaur Taur’ruk should be?

8th doesn’t have “regular” bull centaur cavalry base sized option.

So, if anyone brings a Render or a Taur’ruk, we expect them to be Forge World Big right?

I’d say it doesn’t matter for the model itself, just the base should be right.

Sure, ideally the model would be a little larger than the old GW Bull Centaurs, but yeah, who cares.

I also made a suggestion for including small Bull Centaurs in the WAP 8th army list.

Yes, what @Jasko said. Model size Is somewhat irrelevant as long as they’re on the correct base.

1 Like

Yeah just whack it on a 50x75 and you’re golden, really.

Though WAP base sizes are a constant headache. RAW you can quite happily stick a dragon in a 40x40 in WAP, just because the system is written not to preclude the use of older models. Unscrupulous gamey types can really take advantage of that kind of thing, but I trust that everyone will be playing in the right spirit, so it won’t be a problem.

Fits with the one I’m usually using (El_Rey’s_base_size_chart)

Admin perks for the win → 203867920-Warhammer-base-size-chart-2013-pdf.pdf (100.5 KB)

I use this one

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the one I use.

1 Like

Let’s unify around this one for the upcoming standardised rules release. I’ll delete the one i posted

2 Likes

Yeah, makes sense.

How is it looking on the gaming front? Is everyone bringing at least one army? Are we in agreement on our custom WAP FAQ & Errata? Any other house rules we want to have?

Do we set up some kind of tournament? Maybe a round-robin followed by some kind of playoffs? How many games will/can be played in parallel?

2 Likes

All good questions. No anawers from me, but a good narrative would be fun!

Do we want to play a siege? Maybe too much variation?

Im bringing 2 armies.

1 Like

Yeah a good narrative would be awesome!

So I wouldn’t mind a siege (which rules? The one from Blood in the Badlands?), they are fun. Maybe as some kind of special event / grand finale?

So what I would find great is a round robin tournament, so everybody plays once against everybody else. (The one’s bringing multiple armies play only with one obviously). Depending on how many we are, the two/four best placed players could then play (semi)finals. Those games alone should keep us busy for a while :sweat_smile: would be great if we could play two games in parallel. I’ll bring a table. Additionally it would be just awesome to have a giant game with alliances, where we all play together. That could be a possibility for a siege, imho. On top there could/should be room for friendly matches (where we could use other armies) and/or small games like Blood Bowl, AoS, Kill Team, Necromunda and of course the Warlords of Erewon demo-game with Oxy :wink:

I usually play 6th ed aiwgw rules with house rules i can supply.

I am bringing 1 gaming surfaces, hoping there is at least 1 tBle we can use.

Biggest problem with a big siege is i dont have a big castle :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I can bring the Warhammer fortress

1 Like