CDO meetup 2022

Good thoughts @Antenor ! Would be good to meet up man. Hopefully you can make it :slight_smile:

We 100% would need t shirts for this event no? Haha

3 Likes

Obviously!
It’s easy to get carried away here, but lots of cool stuff could be happening! Something for the podcast/zine is a given I guess, also looooove the idea of the event-model, now t-shirts and/or other march, we could do some armies-on-parade kind of thing or so, ach this will just be so great!

3 Likes

Summer is possible too, though potentially also more pricey for venues.

Well see in a week or two, if more people want a summer brawl I can look into it for sure!

2 Likes

Haha the biggest limit would be time.

1 Like

Then again… I’d rather not count on the Dutch/Belgian weather… last summer was 95% rain… so I’d prefer an indoor venue that could accommodate outside shenanigans. also… thank you for using shenanigans :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Arranging all the games tables for 2v2 or 3v3 chaos dwarf teams might be challenging. Someone needs a van

All depends on how many are coming.

If I rent a venue near my home I can get 2 6x4 game tables there quit easily. Usually there are tables in those venues so a game matt or something is sufficient.

If we do decide to sleep at the venue I can always borrow my festival group’s camping gear for those of you coming by plane or train.

3 Likes

I can easily bring a foldable 6x4 gaming table plus maybe a second one which currently has a sizeable dent.

2 Likes

That would be so cool! For myself I got “big plans” for spring so no can do… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a shame Tjub, would be good to have had you there.

1 Like

Good initiative and great idea! I’m way too much of a cheapskate to ever travel abroad (savings earmarked for moulds and castings/scans), so I can only applaude this meetup from afar and cheer you on from the distance. I hope you all will have a wonderful time! :slight_smile:

@tjub once joked and proposed a meetup in Gothenburg, since half of active CDO back in circa 2014 were Scandinavian. That’s a travel expense I could stomach, if it ever would happen in the far future. :tongue:

Cheers!

6 Likes

Understood @Admiral . Again, be a shame not to have you there buddy but I get why.

Plus it seems
Your savings are being very well spent!!! Haha

3 Likes

Ah man this would be awesome to attend, but the 9th of April is my little girls birthday. Perhaps next time.

1 Like

ill keep an eye out on what is the final date/location. If its anywhere near the Netherlands I will definately show up!

2 Likes

@Sjoerdo its looking like a site in Belgium at the moment, so just as case of popping over the border
The Netherlands isn’t it? It would be awesome if you could make it buddy!

You’ll have to pull a reverse Viking and raid Sweden and kidnap him, then take him with you as your Thrall.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Depending on how much beer we’ll have had, I guess the greatest danger is a drunk “guys, let’s call Admiral!” at 2am or so…

2 Likes

I’ll chaperone :smiley: i never drink alcohol anyway.
Edit: Though… I might call @Admiral just for fun :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

When this happens… I’ll make sure to bring a blood bowl team! Never played it but we’ll… seems like a fitting opportunity

3 Likes

I need Greebo to make a quick turnaround on the Kickstarter for it :slight_smile:

But it’s looking good on that end.

1 Like