Golden Hat XLI - Winners!

“The chosen Lords of Hashut receive their rites of initiation”

Warcolours and The Brazen Broadcast Presents: The winners of the 41st Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

We had a particularly magnificent turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from big ol bulls to gambling competitions. Voting was even among many entries! Everyone took this relatively simple brief and ran like a bull across the badlands.

And the winners are:

TIE

TIE

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #3 - @markgoesoutside

2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #11 - @Uther.the.unhinged
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #22 - @Bessron

3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #13 - @Reaver
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #15 - @Loidrial

The entry key!
01 - @denelian5
02 - @steamblood
03 - @markgoesoutside
04 - @DBeans
05 - @Kuanor
06 - @StyrofoamKing
07 - @KhamdrimSkyMaster
08 - @Abecedar
09 - @RollForWounds
10 - @MichaelX
11 - @Uther.the.unhinged
12 - @Gargolock
13 - @Reaver
14 - @Hashoooot
15 - @Loidrial
16 - @Zanko
17 - @Zoddtheimmortal
18 - @Pyroven
19 - @GLaDD
20 - @Oxymandias
21 - @Kerr
22 - @Bessron
23 - @Shef
24 - @cornixt

Medals will come soon! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @markgoesoutside and the rocking sorcerer on Fabelssu will receive a choice of:

@Uther.the.unhinged unveiling the Uther PenDagron of Ultimate Unhingeitude and @Bessron with the velvety smoove Astragoth paint scheme will receive €20 store coupon at Warcolours

@Loidrial and his mad lad with madder hatter and @Reaver with the dollar store Not-stragoth will receive a €10 store coupon at Warcolours

And finally @DBeans wins the random draw prize of a of Klagg Morgrief courtesy of and originally sculpted by @Hotstuff

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Warcolours and The Broadcast for their generous prize donations!

And that’s it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. deathly stare :wink:

Next up, A long awaited Scribe’s Contest!

Spoiler for all the teacher’s pets out there that have written yuh character’s OC already, you may want to wait for the Scribe’s contest brief to be posted before spewing your homebrew to anyone who will listen…

Cheers,
The Staff

16 Likes

Deserving winners all round, well done everybody. What a feast for the eyes this was. Thanks @GoldenHat mods for organising!

6 Likes

A big congratulations to the winners!
Well done especially to uther the unhinged for getting 2nd. Not content with top 20 positions now are we ? Haha :cd1991gif:

(Uthers Comments made on a previous competition)

7 Likes

Congratulations to all the worthy winners! :hatoff:

5 Likes

16 Likes

Well deserved !!! Great work by all and winners all deserve their place on the podium. Enjoy the Champagne @Loidrial hahahaha

9 Likes

Wow, thanks to the people who have given me their vote almost casually.

Well deserved winners and respect to all the participants. You are all an insanely crazy bunch

8 Likes

13 Likes

The only proper way :eggplant:

5 Likes

A big hats off (no pun intended) to all the winners!

6 Likes

Congratulations to the winner, and well done to all participants! What a tour de force. Looking forward to the sequel.

And @Reaver , that is very much @Loidrial in action. :smiley:

9 Likes

Congratulations to Markgoesoutside a truly worthy winner. Congratulations as well to Bessron, Reaver and Lodrial. Fantastic entries all round.

Finally, thank you to all you mad people that voted for my entry. I am truly touched (and amazed) to be included with such illustrious entries.

9 Likes

Congratulations to the worthy winners of an exceedingly tough competition! Fascinating and inspiring work all round. :hatoff:

5 Likes

It was an impressive amount of entries, I don’t recall off hand if there’s ever been so many entries before? :thinking:
And all of them were beautiful in their own ways, creativity seems to be the first blessing of Hashut.
Well done everyone!

6 Likes

Those familiar with Astragoth will recognise my entry was a conversion for him. I have a couple of the metal ones but I wanted a version that would more closely match the models I had converted from GW Dwarfs and possibly be used as a lord being held by shieldbearers. I started this a long time ago, but he’s been sat in a box for the last ten years with not much more than the sculpted body and backpack. The crossbow parts reminded me what else I was going to do, but I didn’t remember clearly how it was intended to look in the end.

What it is made from:
Head and beard from a plastic dwarf Thunderer/Crossbow champion. Crossbow parts used as gears on the legs and arms. The arms including axe, are from the same set. Styrene tubing for the legs, hammers from the dwarf warriors used as metal feet. Astragoth’s actual feet and body were crafted from greenstuff. The backpack is two 2nd edition 40k Ork guns. The hat is an attempt at 3D printing an equivalent to the 4th edition CD lord on foot, but it didn’t really work (I need to work out how much to accentuate the detail, I always misjudge it and barely get anything visible) so I just painted on the detail (new detail brush!). Added some cogs around the robo-ankles to hide the bad greenstuffing of weird angles.

15 Likes

A belated congratulations. Well done.

4 Likes

There were so many great entries I just couldn’t pick a top 3 - well done to the winners!

4 Likes

Another that has arisen from the depths of the box of inequity. Mine was only in there for eight years

3 Likes

Nice Astragoth build, @cornixt ! He will fit in fine in your host.

5 Likes

I am immensely impressed by these conversions/buildings. That’s one part of this hobby that I can’t do at all. That makes it all the more beautiful to see such interpretations again and again.

8 Likes