Golden Hat XLI - Voting!

“Claim your throne in the conclave of Hashut”

Warcolours and The Brazen Broadcast Presents: The voting thread for the 41st Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to the @GoldenHat account (a special account all Staff members can access).

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 24. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like and we will do the rest. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM June the 30th, 2023 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

Album of Images

Entry 1

Drazhoath the Ashen

Entry 2

Hashut’s Second Rider

Entry 3

Hashut’s Third Hand

Entry 4

Drazhoath the Ashen

Entry 5

Khan Dvorak Lazylegs

Entry 6

Bazherak, the Voice of Hashut

Entry 7

Hashut’s Seventh Storm

Entry 8

Hashut’s Eighth Horn

Entry 9

Gazzurak Brittlepriest

Entry 10

Hashut’s Tenth Gamble

Entry 11

Dhry’g Het the Demented

Entry 12

Anchazzabik the Acrophobe

Entry 13

Astrazonk Pewterfist

Entry 14

Hashut’s Fourteenth Fang

Entry 15

The Master of Madness

Entry 16

Dazhoan Bargoth - Devastator of the East and Nemesis of the Ogres

Entry 17

Magic Merve (Mervyn) and Lemmy the Lammasu

Entry 18

Hashut’s Eighteenth Enigma

Entry 19

Hashut’s Nineteenth Wing

Entry 20

Bri-Han the Crook Fingered

Entry 21

Taur’Bolg the Kin-Slaver

Entry 22

Astragoth Ironhand

Entry 23

The Black Dwarf

Entry 24

Hashut’s Twenty-fourth Engine

Remember, this round there are lots of prizes up for grabs!

Great job everyone and good luck!
The Staff

14 Likes

This is the highest average quality of a Golden Hat I think I’ve ever seen.

10 Likes

These are all absolutely gorgeous! Brilliant work everyone.

8 Likes

Buying votes with solid gold hands, pm me. (Keep it on the down-low)

7 Likes

Awesome entries guys! :hatoff: I have actually no idea which one I should give my votes! :thinking:

7 Likes

Agreed. At this standard you can sort of relax and go with personal taste. Nobody’s getting robbed here.

7 Likes

No. 8 is grotesque, I both love and hate it. Excellent work! I also love how the model riding it can be swapped out.

No. 10 is fantastic, I’m not sure I fully understand what is going on in it but the colours and the bazaar feel it has are really cool

No. 17 low-key creeps me out with the harshness of all the minute highlights, it really feels like a colourised drawing of an oldhammer ink line drawing. Great choice of colours as well.

No. 22 has some fantastic banners, the whole paint scheme is excellent but the size and colour of the banners really gives it that something-something, they also look really velvety which adds a great vibe.

No. 24 is a far better conversion than I ever would have expected it to be if you told me what bits it would be made from, it’s a highly impressive conversion and the maker should be very proud.

Superb entries all round, the competition is fierce here today!

6 Likes

I cant lie ive been eagerly checking for this at least 20 times today. I have not been disappointed. Amazing!!
The old admin golden hat chaos dwarf got worked hard this day! :cd1991gif:

8 Likes

Amazing quality and ingenuity all the way through! Congratz to everyone who’s bettered (or worsened) their “battle against the gray” score by entering!
:skull1:

7 Likes

Holy hell these are fantastic. Some insanely well executed. Will be super tough to vote!

8 Likes

Holy Hashut :shed:
Wtf this community pulled out this time?!?

Vote will be impossible

8 Likes

Bri-Han and Oss Crook Finger

and a brittlepriest…

Fragile bones are in style this season. Fun entries all around!

8 Likes

Ahhhhhhhh. Too many cool entries!

This will take time.

7 Likes

That’s was a hard 3 to pick. One was fast, second took a few scrolls back and forth, third I had to talk each one over with the wife for pros and cons it was so tough.

5 Likes

Hell this is amazing work! Excellent job!

5 Likes

Thanks for all the entries everyone. The torture of waiting for them was worth it.

@Shef How can you choose so quickly?

I download the entries so I can zoom in and savour all the details before culling

6 Likes

So sorry I couldn’t join this one. A family matter kept me away from my minis. Beautiful job all of you. :beer:

7 Likes

Very fine entries all!
:lammasu2:

5 Likes

Does anyone know what that mechanical beast is in Entry 11? Kit/STL/Kitbash?

4 Likes

One brought me joy the moment I saw it, that was easy, as it was in my aesthetic wheelhouse. Then it became which second one fits my aesthetic and then the third I chose for outside of my normal aesthetic tastes, but just over overall and that was the hardest one. I also had to wait for a computer to true look at them as well. Phone wasnt going to cut it

4 Likes