Golden Hat XXXIX: Bull/Boar Centaurs

“Let loose the bull-spawn!”

Warcolours and chitzkoi Presents: The 39th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The gold winner will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of @warcolours :

While the silver winner will grab an unpainted kit of 10 Russian Alternative Goblin Sharpshooters with a kit of 3 Goblin Command Group miniatures from @chitzkoi :

The bronze winner will win part of an unpainted kit of Ewal Dvergar Boar Knight Command, donated by @Zanko :

One lucky random participant will receive an unpainted kit of Tjubbutaur Herd from @Tjub:

While one lucky random participant will carry home a kit of Tjubling Command Set #1 from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

Subject Matter: Bull/Boar Centaurs!

For this contest we want you to enter with anything involving Boar Centaurs, Bull Centaurs or any other Chaos Dwarf Centaur types you can imagine!

The theme is wide. If you want to model and paint Boar Centaurs being bred and trained by Thymbrin Snakebeard in his mad laboratory workshop, then go for it! If you want to build a diorama of Bull Centaurs sacrificing screaming slaves to the Father of Darkness in pools of molten metal, then by all means do so. Enter anything from a single miniature, to an entire army of Centaurs. You can enter duelling pieces, where a Bull Centaur fights an enemy, or even have foes dragging a dead Chaos Dwarf Centaur as a trophy. If you want to include slaves and underlings and other random types surrounding your Centaurs, then do so. The sky is the limit.

You can of course make mechanical, daemonforged or rider cavalry counts-as versions of Bull and Boar Centaurs.

Keep it as simple or as complicated as you like. Let your imagination run wild!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact @Admiral and he’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want. You may include fancy backgrounds. We want to encourage the creation of beautiful models and modelling scenes, not hamper it.

Specifics
Subject: Bull/Boar Centaurs
Bases: Up to your discretion.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM July 28th, 2022 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent either to the @GoldenHat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 7 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Admiral . In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur or with this forum’s direct upload function. Photos may not have additional digital text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Golden Hat Gallery.
  • Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
  • Win paints and miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM @Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Thanks to @MichaelX for making the banner.

Good luck everyone!

The Staff

13 Likes

Oh man! Looking forward to how this one goes, considering all of the brilliant ideas from the Artisan’s Contest. All kinds of inspiration!

5 Likes

Thats a quick turn around admiral, well done!

Id like to see fuggit khan enter this one as i know he doesnt like centaurs, maybe he can create something he likes enough that he wont set it alight afterwards!

6 Likes

Originally, I wanted to skip the next contest but this is seriously tempting. Dammit, can’t you do less interesting subjects?

6 Likes

This is going to be fun. Can’t wait to see what everyone come up with.

2 Likes

Added a line to the rules that was intended to be in there from the start, but was forgotten in the flow of writing:

You can of course make mechanical, daemonforged or rider cavalry counts-as versions of Bull and Boar Centaurs.

And yes, seeing @Fuggit_Khan tackle this again would be nice. He’s already graced us with some neat A7Vs during a previous contest. Perhaps other visions for Bull Centaurs remain to emerge from that big hat-endowed mind of shiny and chrome, and Noble Hobgoblins over everything else? :smiley:

5 Likes

oh Hashut… those prizes…

i shall try to enter this comp as a welcome distraction from painting a rat horde army… :smiley:

5 Likes

He will make a bullcentaur dressing up as an hobgoblin wolfrider
@Fuggit_Khan now you have to

4 Likes

Oh wow…

I think I’ll actually go for an entry on this one since I’m just about to start painting Bull Centaurs for my army!

6 Likes

Well hello there! Look forward to making some monstrosities :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Cool contest! :sunglasses: If I had known that earlier, I would have chosen something else for the last AC … :thinking:

4 Likes

It couldn’t have been known earlier, I’m afraid. For the first time in a long while, I opened the contest folder and saw that this upcoming competition had no theme planned beforehand. So I checked previous contest themes for something useful in armies we haven’t had in a while, and came to think of all the varied Centaur entries in the recent Artisan’s Contest. We even had a Scorpion Centaur! That decided it, really. :tongue:

6 Likes

I get it, you just want to see me work and sweat! :sob:

6 Likes

Does a female centaur breast feed young centaurs by tit or teat? Confusing…

3 Likes

Why not both?

This calls out for modelling action!

…and this sounds like just the thing I might sculpt for casting in the distant future.

4 Likes

2 Likes

We had some great centaurs in the last contest, would definitely like to see some more. There was the Blubberborne, Boar Centaur with Decimator Bow, Chaos Dwarf Behemoth (Powered by Centaur), Scorpion Centaur, Death Roller (Powered by Centaur), and Furrigan Four Feet and the Boary Boys. With the necromancer we could have undead centaurs, with the Snail Chariot we could have a Snail Centaur, with the Giant Fire Newt we could have a Newt centaur with two upper bodies instead of heads. Or something completely new and different. So many great possibilities.

6 Likes

Epic, I do have some BCs I need to get done… perhaps the time is nigh!

5 Likes

Even though I really, really don’t like centaurs (or fauns, satyrs, etc) I am looking forward to what people come up with.
Not every GH can have the Noble Hobgoblin as its subject
:grin:
@Zoddtheimmortal
Hah!
Sorry, not likely gonna happen.
You’ll see me walk on the moon and bring peace to the Middle East before I make a centaur.
A Hobgoblin Khan on a wolf is more my style :hob02:
But again, I’ll be keeping a close eye on the entries :+1:

5 Likes

I was thinking of weird things like a ill treated centaur ridden by a hobgrot. Depends which you hate the most

3 Likes