Golden Hat XXXVI - Winners!

“Squash them!”

Warcolours Presents: The winners of the 36th Golden Hat competition!

We had a marvellous turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from crystal titans and gargant auditions to mechanized giants. It was delightful to see all these weird and wonderful Chaos Dwarf creations!

And the winners are:

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #9 - @Oxymandias
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #11 - @IronHaiden
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #3 - @Reaver

The entry key!

01 - @Deebo
02 - @MichaelX
03 - @Reaver
04 - @denelian5
05 - @Abecedar
06 - @LaketideMiniatures
07 - @Zanko
08 - @ryanamandaanna
09 - @Oxymandias
10- @Jackswift
11- @IronHaiden
12- @Zoddtheimmortal

Medals will eventually come! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @Oxymandias and his evil giant from the north will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of @warcolours :

For his glorious nosepicking Goblinoid XXL, @IronHaiden gets a kit of Fyreslayer Magmic Invocations from @Oxymandias :

While @LaketideMiniatures win the random draw prize of a kit of 4 Tjubling Skull Masks from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Warcolours and @Oxymandias for their generous prize donations!

And that’s it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. :wink:

Next up, Artisan’s Contest!

The Staff

8 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners.

Im calling for a painting tutorial on youtube from oxymandius one day…amazing skin…deserved winner.

So many great entries though, nice one

6 Likes

Congrats to the winners…and all participants to the coolest competion in the web! Long life to Golden Hat :hatoff:

7 Likes

Well done all! Congratulations to the winners!

5 Likes

Congrats, well deserved! I personally loved @Reaver 's Djinni take on the giant theme, and @Oxymandias; your entry is vicious in just the right way! I love your northern version of our twisted kind and I’m looking forward to seeing more of 'em! :cd1991gif: :hatshut: :lammasu1:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone who voted for my lanky Northman giant! And thanks to everyone who took part. A really decent competition with a lot of entrants all of a very high standard!

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who voted for my fire snot face entry.
Congratulations to everyone who submitted entries- such a high standard

5 Likes

@Reaver and @IronHaiden I am so keen to hear your builds for those! What were the components - what were the stages!

3 Likes

Congratulations to the worthy winners!

BRAVI RAGAZZI! Fantastic works.
Oxy really beautiful skintone, the spectre of colours is really vast! Very well done!

I knew immediately the hobbo was iron haiden s entry, so great! Did you sculpt it? Its 3d printed?

REAVER MY MAN!!! As I saw your djinn I was like “when the hell did I make a model of The previous drawing I made for the last contest?”
I fell in love with it instantly. I knew since the 1st moment I had to vote your xD

Bravi!

4 Likes

Congrats to the winners and all the entrants! This one seemed to me as though it could’ve gone any way.

Glad you liked the Brothers Djinn riff on your awesome art! Since I already had a giant in my army it was the perfect out there idea for me to try and mimic.

@chitzkoi process will be up on my blog in 10 mins. Been a hard one not to spoil!

5 Likes

Amazing job guys!! Congrats the the victors. Really enjoyed this one, amazing entries you creative bunch you

4 Likes

Congrats, great entries!

3 Likes

Congrats to the winners.

1 Like

Congrats to the winners! Well done Gentlemen! @Oxymandias absolutely beautiful brushwork, a well deserved win!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to debriefing all of the entries on the next podcast!

5 Likes

Yes definitely @Reaver !

3 Likes

Congrats to the winners- well done!

2 Likes

Maybe serial golden hat winners have to paint with their left (or bad) hand to level the playing field for the mere underlings (the rest of us).
Im pretty sure the defending touring car champion used to have to defend crown with extra weight added to his car (in the 90s).

:cd1991gif:
:head3:

Have to say i was mesmerized by deebos entry (no1) never saw anything like that before.
I could definitely say something good about all the entries…

3 Likes

Absolutely agreed on both counts, it was cool to see that Lost Kingdom piece painted up!!

3 Likes