Golden Hat XXXVII: Hobgoblins

This really should be in between quotes…

3 Likes

Mine still isn’t shhahaah I fucking suck

3 Likes

So I wrote a PM and threw my contribution into the room.
I hope that I have transmitted the pictures correctly with the PM.

6 Likes

@MichaelX
Ah, I did make a typo error,
but nothing to do with noble being written in “quotes”…but rather noble should’ve been capitalized, as in the Noble Hobgoblin.
All hail the Noble Hobgoblin, savior of the CDs during the great slave revolt :wink:

3 Likes

Ok, my original plan didn’t work (or at least, the models are still unbuilt on sprue…), but I want to try and get something finished this weekend.

Plan B it is.

4 Likes

My entry is finally in. Half of the initially intended entry anyway…
Few beers to celebrate now I guess :hobkhan:

9 Likes

Is it wrong to resubmit my photos ? I reckon I can do better.

3 Likes

No, please do!

2 Likes

@IronHaiden just make it clear to the @GoldenHat account which are the ones you want to enter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Made the pics, finally. I hate them tho.
Tomorrow I’ll be able to submit them. Glad it’s over lol

5 Likes

This is gonna be a tight one me lads. I’ll still try to submit something by tomorrow! Let’s go!!! :hobkhan: :hobkhan: :hobkhan:

6 Likes

Go Goltor go, something…anything!

This was the hardest g.h. I’ve entered I reckon. I think my delusions of grandeur didn’t help…

Good luck!

6 Likes

You can do it Goltor, for Hashut (or whoever hobgoblins worship, Gork and Mork? I really don’t know).

6 Likes

i can finally call it off
i’m done with this GH, i hated it so much xD my inability of taking pics is incredible, and not having a proper camera doesnt help at all. damn cellphone.
:rankhob1::rankhob2::rankhob1::rankhob3::rankhob2::rankhob3:
:hob2020: BUT!!! ATLEAST!!! I’M DONE!!! :hob2020:
:rankhob3::rankhob1::rankhob2::rankhob1::rankhob3::rankhob2:

10 Likes

Still working on paint, currently at about 75-80% with mostly the detail bits remaining (the fun part). Going to be down to the wire as usual. It never fails to amaze me that the painting phase can take as much time on a small model as it does on one many times larger.

5 Likes

I’m psyched. Pumped, even. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Best of luck, @Goltor , @Jackswift and anyone else who may be running tight! You can do it!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have to admit defeat. I have once again completely underestimated how much time detail work takes after progressing very quickly in the beginning (I naively thought I could do 10 or even 20). Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun working on these guys, so thanks for the opportunity, @Admiral! Once I finish them, I will take better pictures for my blog. I already have some ideas to streamline the conversion process such that I can finish the regiment in a more efficient manner (for instance, I added trousers midway because the tiny legs started to annoy me when I glued on the arms, that took a lot of time!).

Best of luck to the others, cannot wait for what you have entered!

19 Likes

Can’t wait to see these guys when they’re finished!

3 Likes

Not my submission, but I thought some of you might find this interesting/helpful…

8 Likes