Halgar Hellgaze's Doomseekers [2022-08-09] GH XXXIX

amazing work mate! the Humong-asscannon is brilliant!

2 Likes

Haha thanks, I am very happy with it aswel!

Wow, the original forge world artillery train in all its glory - must have been difficult to come by. In any case, you have definitely done it justice and made it shine. Iā€™m a little jealous :wink:

1 Like

Thanks mate, itā€™s a Frankenstein mix of damaged 2nd hand models and 3d printed replacements I designed myself.

2 Likes

All the more impressive, I dare say. The society of art conservators sends its congratulations :smiley:

1 Like

Deeply impressed by this Michael, Iā€™m currently staring at a pile of bits for the dreadquake trying to work out how to put it together as intended, and conversion of this quality is a long way beyond that!

1 Like

Putting it together was a huge pain though. So many bits and no clear pics.

1 Like

I donā€™t even enjoy putting together multipart infantry! A 50 piece train artillery is going to take a bit of head-scratching.

1 Like

Itā€™s worth it though. For me the train kits, especially the Dreadquake and Iron Daemon, felt much more like ā€œproperā€ model kits, like something from Revell or so, than gaming pieces. The Mortar can even be turned with the little cogs and all!

2 Likes

True :slight_smile: it does feel like a proper kit

Anazing train Michael. I do see potential for another carriage in there. What about a firing platform for cds?

Could even be on 2 floors ( like a juggernaut)

You could also do other artillery pieces on carriages

2 Likes

Maybe next warmachine contest

2 Likes

Great shot of all these together! Lends some scale to the assblaster 9000 and shows how well it fits your scheme. It all looks seamless together. The colorization on the dreadquakeā€™s tall stack is particularly great.

If I might offer up one thing on the dreadquake (and I canā€™t tell if itā€™s just glare in the photo) but perhaps faking some blackination inside the mortar barrel to give the illusion of depth and dullen the interior shine? Could be a personal preference thing.

Youā€™re absolutely right, I forgot that in my impatient excitement!

1 Like

Wonderful work all around! Itā€™s so great to see niche Lost Kingdom treasures given a loving lick of paint. And of course to see homebuilt Daemon Cannons. :smiley:

And the last model Iā€™ll paint in 2021! The Anzu Cannon!

I delayed painting this because it had so much detail but I have to admitā€¦ I loved it!

21 Likes

A pivotal masterpiece given a good paintjob. I love how you picked out all the details and different areas! Lovely, all of it!

1 Like

That is glorious Michael, well done!

Saw you painting it halfway through the other day, i never know how things are going to turn out (meaning my stuff really-always freak out a little).

Love all the colours. The crew really bring a statue like thing into a functioning war machine. I like the telescope and the guy with body parts in his bucket

2 Likes

Boy, the bastard here is massive! A true terror fiend!
Wouldnā€™t like to find myself on the other side of that mouth.
Nor ass, just to be precautios

2 Likes

Smart! You never know when it might mark itā€™s territory!

1 Like