Loidrial's blog - Pizza, Mandolino e Nani del Chaos

Why would we stop you? It is fantastic!

4 Likes

That is one nice print!

2 Likes

Now that is a seriously cool model. Look foward to seeing it painted… and the concert diorama.

2 Likes

HEY! REMEMBER THOSE GUYS?
Yeah, me neither.

This is why I accidentally stumbled upon them and painted this random fluff warmachine/unit filler!
The front hobbo is a skaven warlock something something i dotn remember, with a custom head i 3d sculpted (weak flex but still)
and the guy on the back is the bolt thrower (the metal band ofc) servient with a small conversion!

So here they are!
Ciao! :hob05:

Bonus
there is no way contrast and similars can work as good as traditional paint for me

vs

22 Likes

oh well, what can i actually say? i’m a moron and i sculpted my own face, and i made such a mess that some people had troubles in guessing if this was actually my 38th golden hat entry or not hauhuahuahua
so guys this is what happened!
you already know i quickly sculpted few months ago my own head BECAUSE REASONS, and apparently this one was one of many!

My whole idea, aside from being totally mental, was to make a “realistic” version of a lamassu, what would that look like if you could actually encounter one in the wild?
So considering lions pelts and parrots colours, this quickly came to life (twice, because as some of you know, i repainted the whole model as the colour peeled off after 24/48 h the first time due to a malfuncion of the spray can used for the white base)

:lammasu2:PICS:lammasu1:

here a zoomed face, you can see better the colours of the skin, i used as reference a heat map like below, it was my 1st time using this as reference, no clue if it can reads through

this is an early wip paingint stage of the 1st attempt, in the begin the tip of the feathers were supposed to be similar to peacocks, but it was going to be too much effort the second time repainting it, so i dropped that idea

while this is the base i made, actually it’s the thing i like the most of this miniature, as i got so much frustrated in the process

Painting literally your own model it’s something different for sure, i hope to get more luck next time tho!
also if anyone is interested in this 3d cursed model, just send me a message xD my head is already made public in my 3d models thread hauhauhauhu

:lammasu2:CIAO!:lammasu1:

20 Likes

I saw your post and had to smile randomly.

What an idea, what a brilliant idea…
And the way you painted them. Actually you should have won the style prize.

Genius Mini… Where can I get the print file? I ask for a friend

4 Likes

Among a host of great entries yours really stood out, mate. So much creativity! Inspiring work.

4 Likes

Love it man, great work on the face and feathers. And that base is :fire:

3 Likes

Eddie man this was fantastic, to put your own head on a Lammasu is something I think you and only you could do :cd1991gif: :cd1991gif: :cd1991gif:

Love it!!!

5 Likes

When I first saw this entry, I immediately thought
“Who is that, he looks really familiar?
Mario Bros?
No…
Some dude from Fist of the North Star?
Nah, that ain’t it…
Who the hell is that?
Ah! It’s Eduardo!”
:joy:
It’s creative, it’s funny, it’s cool.
And that my friend, is all you.

5 Likes

Wonderful! And really cool to read about the process. Man, I should sculpt my own head on something. Alas, I lack your noble profile.

Also, the base is amazeballs.

3 Likes

This Lamassu is so eerily human that it’s scary on another level :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Right! Thats what stood out to me too! it’s so well painted!

1 Like

Have a look here!

2 Likes

Nothing else to say…

3 Likes

Oh damn, i’m not used to get so many comments down here hauhuahua let me go you all 1 by 1!

@Bessron i hope you will like the file i sent you xD please do your worst with it! paint it was surely something different, not only because it had my big ass face on!

@Jasko my mind is always spinning for more bullshit, glad you found it inspiring!!

@Dedled can i say that the base is actually my fav part of the model? it’s just a piece of bark, but came out so nice indeed!

@GhraskDragh i truly hope you guys will print that stupid head of mine and do some stuff as well xD ass cannon will be on the way from some of you, i know it already hauhahuahua

@Fuggit_Khan Super Fist of the Italian Star!

@Brawniac if you lack a noble profile, sculpt your head like those severed heads thropy chained on the belts! that would be awesome xD

@Hashoooot i personally hoped i could turn it in the start in a fashonable way similar to your amazing one! i’m still in love with that bleached base and color scheme you made! next time, put my head instead of the shedu one hauhauhuahua

@MichaelX the struggle to go through it twice made me really not enjoying the process as much as i wanted, but hey, shit happens! especially in jac’s shed

@Bassman A CAZZO DI CANE

and now after all of those comments, a pic of US:

13 Likes

Aaaah. Now I see the resemblance.

3 Likes

I don’t want to say anything, but the Lammasu looks nicer somehow … :thinking:

4 Likes

The power of make-up I guess!

2 Likes

@Bessron Please send @MichaelX the files, I need him to use them for an epic v2.0 of loidrial-squatting-in-Oxys-shed diorama

2 Likes