Loidrial's blog - Pizza, Mandolino e Nani del Chaos

Don’t tell your wife that…

5 Likes

Well, as Artisan Contest XXXI is finally over, i can share my drawing that NOONE guessed it was mine, right?
My accidental cartoony style is probably now a bit known around here :smiley:

As the contest was about a sort of giant slave, i took bit of a risk and went offboard xD due to the assyrian CDs i made, i tried a sorcerer summoning his Djinn. Kida makes sense after all xD kinda

i lost all the WIP pics, there are just some structure left from the early stages where i could eyeballing the proportion of all

:top1: .
:tower3: Ciao
:head1: Belli!

13 Likes

Such a cool image @Loidrial !!! Very impressive and like you said it was a bit of a risk but ended up creating something super unique. Nice one dude!

Imagine if this was a model in 28mm :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

im quite sure the Djinn would shatter just by looking at him xD
but if we have any sculptor here, please man, be my guest :lammasu1:

2 Likes

I love unique risky stuff and I think you did a great job on your entry.

Also that blunderbuss Dawi Zharr in your WIP… I love him! May I borrow him also for House of Hashut??

1 Like

You get the proper hd Pic higher this thread. Go and shoot someone!
Pew pew!

2 Likes

Hmm, with a little modification that should print just fine. Wish I could sculpt this by that is not part of my skill set.

2 Likes

this time i have to say, smaller the hat, still the same love!!

just arrived in the mailbox! my 1st 3rd ed CDs :cd1980:
they are so fucking stupid and awesome! hauhuahuahu i love them already xD
those + boar centaurs were the minis i wanted to get my hands on because they make a full unit just like this, there is no need for more.
i’m in love :icon8: Rule-of-3 see what i did here? <3 HAH!

now i have to see how to base them, if place each on a single small square base or if to fit them onto a bigger/warmachine-ish base.
any suggestions? :idea2:

13 Likes

Awesome score! My personal preference would be scenic bases to combine the team and weapon. Not sure how that fairs in your system of preference, I’m usually rule of cool oriented. For my hellcannon I did magnetize each crew on a smaller base to the main base so it could eat them but that’s a time consuming solution.

2 Likes

The bazooka team id put on 20mm bases. They can go in blunderbuss unit to fill it out if needed. The others on a 40mm base all combined. I put my swivel gun on a 25mm and the crew on 2 20mm. Means i could use the crew on another warmachine if needed

1 Like

Buzzing to see these painted up @Loidrial !!!

i had in mind to kinda combina both @Zoddtheimmortal and @Reaver ideas. i have tome magnetic sheets, maybe i can make a bigger 40/50ish round base and put on it the square magnet base so i can easily remove it if necessary
(i mean, i dont even care anymore about the base, i havent played in 8 years, so i will keep going square for consistancy)

@Oxymandias as soon as i finish my 5th oglah khan i will surely do one of those 3 teams! cannot wait longer! but i will need to figure it out the color scheme too!

1 Like

@Loidrial a lot of fellas on here went bright and bold on their old school chorfs. I wanted mine to match my big hats so they went black and red. Here’s on of mine:

2 Likes

This is my Bazooka unit together with a mortar: :chaos1:

However, if I only had 1 bazooka, I would probably use it as a unit filler, or in SAGA as a war machine.

10 Likes

Very nice addition @Loidrial , I really need to track down a swivel and bazooka team,… I had some years ago but my gf at the time sorta gave them away when we broke up :frowning:

@Zanko :shock: OMFG That is alot of bazooka’s!!! I am equally jealous and impressed

1 Like

i died at this. how fucking many is that?! god xD it’s so beautiful!

1 Like

Guys, as i said on the CDO Emojis thread, today i was doodling at work and i discovered an hidden face in the CD icon :icon1:

this is what i made:

and this is what i quickly made here on the site aswell! :hashut1:
@Admiral man what do we think of this?

9 Likes

We do think it is great, and a most clever idea! :beer:

1 Like

Hashut should be able to wear the biggest hat though. Maybe turn the horns downward so we can stack a glorious hat on its holly head?

The horns will help keep the mountain hat upright. Just cut out horn slits on the side and He’ll be good to go. :smiley: