Poll: Old World Faction Choices & Play Style (or not!)

Hello again lads!

A simple combo poll this time, tracking how many of us plan to engage in the Old World, combining all the faction options and three play style options at the bottom. Don’t forget, you can play both casually and at formal events! Pick as many factions as you plan to.

But if you don’t plan to play the Old World, choose ONLY that box!

• Chaos Dwarfs (Legacy PDF)
  • Bretonnia
  • The Empire
  • Wood Elves
  • High Elves
  • Dwarfs
  • Tomb Kings
  • Greenskins
  • Warriors of Chaos
  • Beasts of Chaos
  • Skaven (Legacy PDF)
  • Lizardmen (Legacy PDF)
  • Dark Elves (Legacy PDF)
  • Vampire Counts (Legacy PDF)
  • Ogre Kingdoms (Legacy PDF)
  • Daemons of Chaos (Legacy PDF)
  • I will play The Old World in casual settings
  • I will play The Old World at formal events
  • I will not be playing The Old World
0 voters
1 Like

Some pretty predictable trends here.

4 Likes

No kidding - you might enjoy some of my other polls, like the fantasy gaming systems one, but again it’s not exactly shocking stuff.

For me this one helps in understanding how much bandwidth community leaders can put behind TOW without losing step with the average Daemonsmith on the street.

It’s clear that the PDF will be big news and that many of us will be working with it over the next decade, and given the casual, house-rules-friendly environment most of us are gaming in then it will be worth the effort to build on and iterate.

The thing that has surprised me the most is the number of new members or lurkers who have signed up in the past week, both on here and on Discord (hi!), despite our explicit consignment to PDF history.

4 Likes

Clarification: I won’t be playing it in the foreseeable future, but mostly for the very unspectacular reason that I won’t have enough spare time to get into a new system. That may change down the road, however. It’s great that Chaos Dwarfs will be represented, and I wish everyone lots of fun with TOW!

4 Likes

That’s a great attitude. Ultimately they can never stop us playing whatever edition or system we want. Having the vintage minis back on sale is great and so is getting a load of new people into rank&flank.

3 Likes

I almost only get to play in tournaments, which are formal settings I guess. But for me they are casual settings, so I’ll check both boxes.

2 Likes

Definitely the right call, I was intending formal event to mean it’s open to the public and has some degree of formally codified limitations. The key for me has been to understand how many people are playing in an environment where house mods to the PDF rules would be applicable. Unsurprisingly given our faction history, looks like a big majority.

2 Likes

@Morhgoz You have one of every army to play with? Impressive!

With wood elves not being legacy i might bump them up the schedule a bit… :smiley:

7 Likes

I have models for like at lest 500 pts forces, expect maybe Khemri at the moment. Quick visit to Highland miniatures shop will remedy that problem…

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a really broad collection. How many armies would you say are painted up and ready for the table?

2 Likes

What? Did anyone else hear some strange noice around here? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t worry Morgz. That’s what we have the BATG for! Painted minis are happy minis.

3 Likes

I’m gonna give it a shot. Mostly looking forward to having a community again. I’ve been trying to convince people to play independent and lesser known fantasy games for years with very little luck.

5 Likes

By lesser known you mean WOE

By convince you mean doing God’s work.

3 Likes

This is true. The lord’s work will continue as I try to infiltrate the local GW fan boy group and convert some of them to the darkness. But will I lose myself in the process?

3 Likes

We had a poll for that as well! WOE did very well considering. It came out at 10%, which makes it roughly as popular as homosexuality.

3 Likes

Very popular with the ancient Greeks. And they achieved a lot. Happy that WoE is at least comparable.

1 Like

Maybe you should carve out your own month, that seems to be working well.

I experimented with WoE with a couple of lads in South London once.

1 Like

Nowhere November obviously.

Much to the dismay of Nidvember fans worldwide.

1 Like

Bumping this thread for all the new members and commenters to vote in the poll at the top and have their voices heard.

1 Like