The Heralds of Hubris - Oxymandias the Mad

I have a game of warlords of Erewhatver today and desperately painted a few units to pump up my numbers. I present some speed painted additions:

My take on the Skullcracker:

And death rocket:

Plus crew:

And a zonk sorcerer!

18 Likes

Lava being drawn through the cracks on the rocket base turned out great! Impressive speed too as always.

5 Likes

It would be really fascinating to see a video of you painting something from start to finish, you paint so incredibly well with such incredible speed. I want to learn your ways.

The chariot is a really cool mini, is it a conversion?

3 Likes

Cheers for the kind words. I may not be the best painter in the world but I think over the years I’ve been slowly perfecting the art of the speed paint haha. That is, maximum return for minimum effort and cutting every corner you possibly can. Not sure id ever do any kind of filming because I’d have to edit and upload it etc and it would, for me, detract from the near meditative relaxation I get when painting minis. But perhaps I could show my steps on how I paint a basic chaos dwarf warrior at some point so people could try to have a go.

Key take aways will be over the top highlights , creating eye catching contrast, straight up ignoring minor details and using lots of washes/ contrast paints haha

2 Likes

Can anyone help? I can’t find the unit entry for Chaos Dwarf Dreadnought in White Dwarf Presents. I own this model, so it must be there somewhere…

11 Likes

probably the closest we’ll get, pretty sure you finished half an army in this vid while I put some black on a warmachine

2 Likes

Honestly probably the best looking scull-cracker / whirlwind I have ever seen!

Also, you really made those classic one-pose plastic fellas shine and brought out the best in them!

1 Like

Thanks mate!

Love it! So much visual storytelling!

1 Like

Army Lore added to top post:

In the dark realms of Zharr Naggrund, Oxymandias the Mad sits upon his throne: one of the handful of supreme sorcerer prophets that lead the city. He is a dwarf of unparalleled arrogance and ambition. Despite his station among the ruling caste, his peers despise him for his brazen hubris and expansionist zeal, earning him the moniker “the Mad” among the Dawi Zharr.

Most Chaos Dwarfs are conservative by nature and wish to strengthen their realm. The Mad prophet seeks to expand their domain.

Unfazed by the disdain of his contemporaries, Oxymandias serves begrudgingly under his Lord and master, High Priest Astragoth Ironhand, who recognizes his utility in acquiring slaves and resources for the grand schemes of Zharr Naggrund. His insatiable thirst for power drives him to force subjugated peoples into erecting monuments in his likeness, a testament to his unbridled ego.

Rumors swirl of Oxymandias harboring ambitions to ascend to the position of High Priest of Hashut, challenging the authority of Astragoth himself. Yet, whether he is a true contender or merely a deluded dreamer remains shrouded in the shadows of Zharr Naggrund’s treacherous politics.

His eyes burn with raw magic, the fires of Hashut.

But his legs ache. As if weighed down by stone.

How long does Oxymandias have to enact his dastardly plans, before he becomes yet another monument to his own Hubris, lining the path to Mingol Zharr Nagrund…

3 Likes

I painted this daemonsmith ages ago! Totally forgot to upload him.

This is Bri-Han the Crook fingered

Here is @Admiral reacting to his lore

References 3 and 7 on the meme dictionary haha

10 Likes

Oh I’ll definitely not pass on a good dual meme cross-reference.

3 Likes

The Herald of Hubris - Oxymandias the Mad, sorcerer of Mingol Zharr Naggrund given a new model for the old world (his old model, armed with a shield, is being rebased and will serve as a castellan now)

This mini is by @Fabelzel and was an absolute joy to paint

I came home from work and it was delivered and I spent the rest of my evening smashing out the paint job because I just couldn’t wait!

12 Likes

A few more random warriors added

Minis by @Fabelzel and Games Workshop

Smaller Centaurus (as in not render sized) will be serving as unit champs on 25s and unit fillers on 25x50 cav bases :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Eye, check
Cheque, check.

2 Likes

My calling card haha

2 Likes

Although Jared missed a chance for additional puns here

Eye?
Aye!
Cheque?
Check!

2 Likes

Well snap my finger in half, ain’t I just redder in the face than an oxy face shield now. Embarrassing…

4 Likes

Rebasing complete ! Will serve as an infernal castellan

8 Likes

That is a strategic rock

2 Likes