Golden Hat XLII - Winners!

“The machines of Hashut trundle across the Dark Lands”

Warcolours and The Brazen Broadcast Presents: The winners of the 42nd Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

We had a particularly ambitious turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from dragon excavators to Thomas the nightmare fuel with all entries getting attention in the voting! This contest had something for everyone, CDO Daemonsmiths came out guns blazing!

And the winners are:

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #3 - @Reaver
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #2 - @Zoddtheimmortal
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #8 - @Oxymandias

The entry key!

Entry #1 @KhamdrimSkyMaster
Entry #2 @Zoddtheimmortal SILVER
Entry #3 @Reaver GOLD
Entry #4 @Nicodemus
Entry #5 @Hod
Entry #6 @Rollforwounds
Entry #7 @Cornixt
Entry #8 @Oxymandias BRONZE
Entry #9 @MichaelX
Entry #10 @InsectoidPoet
Entry #11 @Hashoooot
Entry #12 @Knuckles
Entry #13 @KingKobra
Entry #14 @Horace
Entry #15 @Abecedar

Medals will come soon! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @Zoddtheimmortal CDO’s very own BobRosstheimmortal of pastels will receive this set of mm90 miniatures courtesy of @LaketideMiniatures and @MichaelX

@Oxymandias and his red faced chequercannon bring home a €20 store coupon at Warcolours, doubtless he is running out of black, white, and red paint at this rate.

@Nicodemus who trailed the medals by a mere few votes in the hotly contested 4th spot will receive an assortment of nautical vessels in relatively Man-o-war scale courtesy of @Reaver and @MichaelX

And finally @Hashoooot snags the random draw and will receive a €10 store coupon at Warcolours

This was one of our best attended voting polls by a fair margin, with voters enough to rival the legendary Legendary Lords Golden Hat XLI. A great turnout of both participants and voters. Thanks to Warcolours and The Broadcast for their generous prize donations!

And that’s it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs, hopefully with WIPs to show off that CDO creativity. deathly stare :wink:

Next up, Artisan’s Contest!

Cheers,
The Staff

15 Likes

Well done, worthy winners! Another great contest in the books

5 Likes

Really great year. Happy to see so much creative energy. I’ll have to start prepping for next time!

4 Likes

GZ @ all participants! ^^

Surprised the snail with the plough didn’t win anything, tough. I was almost sure it would!

5 Likes

Snail enthusiasts unfortunately had a hard time uniting behind a single snail it appears. Had the snail party gathered under a single snail candidate they would’ve easily slimed their way to a podium finish.

6 Likes

Awesome contest entries; enormously creative and beautifully painted. Congrats to the proud winners!

3 Likes

Yes!!! Thanks for the votes all who voted for me - can’t wait to spend the voucher tbh! Running low on some supplies

Great entries - real “spirit of CDO” kinda competition

14 Likes

I love a good bronze tradition meme. Just missing the splints on the middle fingers.

5 Likes

This comment made me giggle :grin: high five @MichaelX, a man of great taste!

These entries were incredible start to finish. The sightless eyes of Daemonic Thomas haunt me, in the best way.

6 Likes

Congratz to the worthy winners! :hatoff:

By the way, I also chose exactly the 3 entries … what good taste and style I have! :rofl:

5 Likes

Nice!! Congrats to all the winners. Great work all around!

~N

4 Likes

Amazing entries everyone! You better believe I’ll be entering next competition! :metal:

Big congratulations to the winners! Some really inspiring War Machines here!

6 Likes

As is tradition when winning the war colours prize - I used it to spend a lot more than just the voucher covered haha!

Thank you for donating Warcolors!

If anyone is interested - I did a review of this product a few years ago when I won it before:

He’s also included some Cypriot delights which my 5 year old daughter ate. She has not, as of yet, blogged a review of them but she seemed to enjoy them.

5 Likes

Wow, everything was B.A.D ass.
The Ole mighty Hashut says this must have been a fashionable fight, it has drawn the finest people.

1 Like