Lost Legions of Karak Vlag [LLoKV] 2022NOV2

Somehow I missed this until now really great conversions throughout. I especially like the ship cannon conversions and the bird men. The later are very 80s Flash Gordon! The minotaur is also a great conversion. That base model is such a great piece to chop up and revise. So many great ideas well executed.
Will keep an eye on this going forward!

3 Likes

Appreciate it, man! I love customising. Hoping to base and complete it soon. The artillery is pretty much all I really have left (minus the urge to paint some black orks and some hobbos)

4 Likes

The bearded face on the wee mecha warrior is just brilliant!

3 Likes

Beard makes everything cooler :sunglasses: :hatoff:

1 Like

Ahhauaha oh shit I saw this just now hahHahha

1 Like

So, not a complete build yet, but wanted to show the progress I could, since the Golden Hat took almost all of the time I had. Been working on some hobgoblins using the Lost Kingdom miniature khanate gobbos. So far, I used up the 29 pts I had left from last year’s effort to print 15 spearmen and 14 bowmen.

Wasn’t a huge fan of their heads so far (not enough nose and chin… tsk tsk), so I took the problem into my own hands

Only to find out that the size was too large (notice for everyone printing in 85% scale and thinking 110% looks good for the heads: don’t do it. It ain’t right). So I reprinted in 95% and redid the sculpting :sob::sob:

Then I assembled the bodies in as dynamic of a pose as I could. And here they are:

The next post should hopefully be the paint job for the spearmen (any advice would be appreciated for color schemes), and/or the hats for the bowmen.

9 Likes

Had another short but productive sculpting session with the bowmen. Finally made their little hats:

Staring at the 15 I made, I realize it’s time for me to print and sculpt their boss/hero, but here are some of my favorite poses and sculpts so far:

14 Likes

Oh, yes!
I found them too humanoid, too, and was wondering how a conversion like yours would look.
Definitely an upgrade!

4 Likes

So good, mate! Like these very much.

3 Likes

You have made the models many times better, and far more hobgob with your nose and chin and hat sculpts. They look very good!

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

The best thing about the post GH or Artisan competitions is being able to post the build and inspirations of the entry. My siege tower idea came from the Torturer’s Apprentice organ from the Adventures of the Baron Von Munchausen.

Knowing I needed a siege tower, I figured I’d combine the two and create a unique entry into both the GH as well as my army. Most of the siege tower was coffee stirrers and plasticard

I then made some cannons out of two random tree trunks, giving them my signature Minotaur heads

Then, we accessorise!!!

The sultan was just one of the engineers who I gave a seat and sultan hat to

Then, I forgot to take more photos…. Until it was painted. So here are the photos that didn’t make it into the entry

19 Likes

Brilliant entry. I adored the hamster wheels. Did not get the Munchausen reference but it has a mad captain Nemo organist vibe. Lovely

3 Likes

A very unique and visually interesting model, and I like it even more seeing the build up details. The pics highlight some well executed items such as the cannons details and the front of the sculpted hat, which were not as easy to see on the final model. The slave driven wheels are a quite clever; an uncommon but still very CD way to power a warmachine. Well done, and congrats on the GH medal!

3 Likes

Inspiring level of detail here, so happy to see some of the build steps!

2 Likes

This is so great man! It must be mental to roll on those spiked wheels xD
Everything is so cool and detailed and I truly love that turbant
This idea was a blast!

2 Likes

@Oxymandias and @MichaelX, since we all have obsessions, here’s my attempt at trying to justify adding another chunk to the army list. Revised BattleScribe file below

BattleScribe Army

++ Standard (Chaos Dwarfs) [4,617pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Animosity Chart

Blackpowder Misfire Chart

Miscast Table

Stone Thrower Misfire Chart

+ Lords +

Sorcerer-Prophet [470pts]: Blood of Hashut, Darkforged Weapon, General, Great Taurus, Medium Armour, Naptha Bombs, Pistol
. Magic Items: Blade of Malice
. Wizard Level 3
. . Lore of Hashut 3: 2. Dark Subjugation, 3. Curse of Hashut, 4. Ash Storm

+ Heroes +

Daemonsmith [95pts]: Medium Armour, Pistol
. Wizard Level 1
. . Lore of Death 1: 3. Soulblight

Daemonsmith [95pts]: Medium Armour, Pistol
. Wizard Level 1
. . Lore of Metal 1: 2. Enchanted Blades of Aiban

Daemonsmith [130pts]: Medium Armour, Pistol
. Wizard Level 2
. . Lore of Shadow 2: 1. Steed of Shadows, 2. The Enfeebling Foe

+ Core +

Chaos Dwarf Warriors [230pts]: Castellan, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 25x Warrior: 25x Hand Weapon, 25x Medium Armour

Chaos Dwarf Warriors [228pts]: Castellan, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 18x Warrior: 18x Great Weapon, 18x Heavy Armour

Devastators [251pts]: Annihilator, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 17x Devastators: 17x Hailshot Blunderbuss, 17x Medium Armour

Goblin Slaves [72pts]: Hobgoblin Overseer
. 36x Goblin Slave: 36x Hand Weapon & Shield

Hobgoblin Warriors [110pts]: Hobgoblin Boss, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 20x Hobgoblin: 20x Hand Weapon & Shield, 20x Light Armour

Hobgoblin Warriors [150pts]: Hobgoblin Boss, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 20x Hobgoblin: 20x Hand Weapon & Bow, 20x Light Armour

Infernal Guard [268pts]: Deathmask, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 14x Infernal Guard: 14x Blackshard Armour, 14x Fireglaive

Infernal Guard [268pts]: Deathmask, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 14x Infernal Guard: 14x Blackshard Armour, 14x Fireglaive

+ Special +

Acolytes of Hashut [180pts]: Petrified Sorcerer
. 10x Acolyte: 10x Medium Armour, 10x Polearm/Halberd

Bull Centaur Renders [250pts]
. 5x Bull Centaur Render: 5x Hand Weapon & Shield, 5x Light Armour

Immortals [195pts]: Eternal, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 11x Immortal: 11x Granite Armour, 11x Great Weapon

Iron Daemon War Engine [255pts]: Skullcracker
. 3x Chaos Dwarf Crew: 3x Hand Weapon, 3x Light Armour

Iron Daemon War Engine [225pts]: Steam Cannonade

K’daai Fireborn [210pts]: K’daai Manburner
. 4x K’daai Fireborn: 4x Hand Weapon, 4x Light Armour

Magma Cannon [140pts]

+ Rare +

Hellcannon [190pts]
. 3x Chaos Dwarf Handler: 3x Hand Weapon, 3x Light Armour

Juggernaut Siege Tower [230pts]
. 5x Chaos Dwarf Crew: 5x Hailshot Blunderbuss, 5x Hand Weapon, 5x Heavy Armour

K’daai Destroyer [375pts]: Dark Colossus, Razor Horns

++ Total: [4,617pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

4 Likes

oh man once we finish our skirmish, i wanna fight this army

1 Like

After all too long, it was finally time to finish one of the artillery pieces. With that, I completed my magma cannon.

First things first, I first had to print the largest ship siding I have ever had the honor of printing (also, my largest print ever, so far). Cutaway the white section, and we have a gun port.

Once that was done, I filled up the bulkhead and deck with coffee stirrers, added some chains, and finally accessorised.

One of 4 complete (soon to be one of 6….)

16 Likes

That magma cannon is CLASS!

I lobe the attention to detail on the ship interior like the little rails on the floor that look like they’re used to move the cannon around. Very nice stuff, I’m looking forward to seeing more!

1 Like