Lost Legions of Karak Vlag [LLoKV] 2022NOV2

That bull head looks like it could moo at me

3 Likes

The bull heads get better and better every time!

1 Like

Finally finished my first of many iron daemons. Got a couple more (skullcracker, and another iron daemon, both in blimp form) that I need to finish up. Next I really want to find a way to make a good mortar…

13 Likes

Awsome lookimg war machine you got there mate. Very cool!

Finally finished my skullcracker build. Previous post is HERE, so this will mainly focus on the wrap-up.
Found some inspiration after seeing these fleeing peasants on thingiverse:

One of them came out wrong (missing leg) so I started green stuffing

And then just kept going

Time for some priming and painting:

Then, I revamped up some bits of the skullcracker itself, since it needed some good TLC

And then added some details:

And voilà, c’est fini:

12 Likes

This is a very appropriate war machine for your name. It really looks great!

3 Likes

Dude transforming the flaming peasants into routing hochland regulars was a genius move. Your take in the skullcracker is equally inspired by the father of darkness himself! Amazing job!

1 Like

And now that the voting is up, it’s time for the obligatory post-competition build blog! My entry was the 10 hobgoblin riders, which I made as a digital kitbash of multiple stl kits and scales. The EmanG wolves were my starting point, to which I added the Lost Kingdom Miniature bodies and heads, plus the shields developed by none other than our own @Hotstuff!

Since I only wanted to make 10, but wanted some level of flexibility, I printed twenty bodies, and make 10 spearmen, and ten archer cav torsos. Added some magnets to every torso and leg set, making them interchangeable:

I then did my customary rhinoplasty on the heads, and did all of the spear cav (but have admittedly not finished the archer heads, since I’m still trying to decide what hat to give them).

12 Likes

Wonderful entry! I absolutely love the aesthetic of the models, great flair. Top notch!

2 Likes

If you were to name your RoR, what would you call em?

1 Like

Khazak Khan raiders! Just because they were some of the more western ones, and therefore may be seen as “closer to Karak Vlag” in an old world inspired setting

3 Likes

Love it! Very loreful!

Stunning sculpting work! Your army is looking great. Any pics of the current force assembled together? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not yet. Working on printing some stuff for an Armies on Parade type of shot. This year’s BATG is shot already, but maybe I can print a bunch of terrain

3 Likes