New Badge: BATG Progress

Wait! Do I have to count all my unpainted models?
We’re going to have to invent some new kind of maths!!

1 Like

No… it resets each year. January 1st 2022 you start with 0 bought, 0 made and 0 painted.

2 Likes

Do you have to buy “new” models after January 2022 to participate? I have an enormous backlog of miniatures I’ve bought already just sitting unpainted.

2 Likes

Vapo the whole point is about clearing that backlog (which we all have). You lose score for buying new miniatures in 2022. You gain score for every mini you paint, so buying or printing new ones cancels out your progress unless you paint those too.

2 Likes

Gotcha, ty for clearing that up, I will definitely participate!

5 Likes

Hooray! What’s in your pile Vapo? Mine has a lot of greenskins, I’m planning to make big progress with them.

ugh, an embarrassing pile of booty, here is a teaser for you:

13 Likes

Oh, please do unboxing videos. All those minis need to be freed!

4 Likes

Make @Fabelzel have an heart attack as he’s meticulously collecting them in blisters
:batg5:

5 Likes

Everyone should remember to calculate the points for their lists they are painting when they do Chorfs or Hobbos, so that they can claim the army points badges at the same time:

The Points of Army medals come in six flavours: Blackshard, Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. To obtain each one, you must have the requisite number of points made, painted and posted. It is generally easiest to collate a thread with this and include an army list.

6 Likes

I’m going to join the fray. It’s not going to be spectacular as I’m neither painting quickly nor planning any major purchases, but it will probably give me the motivation to finally get Azrubal’s host done and then travel some new CD roads. :anvil:

5 Likes

17 models a month for Blackshard. That’s so tantalisingly possible…

4 Likes

And 0 new ones!

And 0 new ones!

Ah…

4 Likes

Haha yeah… thats the kicker isn’t it. Would be pointless to paint 200 models if you buy 350 new ones :thinking:

5 Likes

I’m going for gold here. Platinum’s too fancy shmancy. Love the badges!

1 Like

Is there an application for it or is it just a “grab the manual and add the points up” situation?

You can use any tool there is (army builder, battlescribe,…) and any rules system you want and make a valid list. Post a pic of the army and the list and any/all appropriate badges will be awarded.

It’s system agnostic. You can puff it up but it should be table legal for your gaming system. If someone challenged you to a 10,000 point game, you’d have the list ready and the minis painted to field for it.

3 Likes

Yup @KhamdrimSkyMaster many many game systems allowed. Not skirmish ones but basically any big battle ones. Check here if you’re not sure

3 Likes