Uther the unhinged s legions of Hashut

Thanks Admiral. I think it turned out OK for me. Oh and thanks for showing me Helblindis tank. I must have missed that before

1 Like

Such a very cool entry, with the controller as well I really like this and that hat! What a hat

1 Like

I like that you keep finding new stuff over and over :slight_smile: great job sir!

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE the tentacles prying loose and creeping out from under bent panels. Such great details!

3 Likes

Thank you Reaver
Poor Igor took over from the previous engineer who was clearly incompetent. Therefore given the tight timeline some daemonic escape is not unexpected if unfortunate.

1 Like

@Uther.the.unhinged your work has such a trademark look. Itā€™s a definite ā€œvoiceā€ as a creator as it were. Completely original and unique and always madly (insanely) creative. Beautiful work as always mate.

2 Likes

Thanks Oxymandias. If I canā€™t be good I will be different!

2 Likes

@Uther.the.unhinged when you get a chance. Iā€™m guessing here but would love some quick tutorial WIPs of any green stuff roll maker use involved. Particularly I think the maggots on your Nurgle build from the contest entry? @MichaelX and I have started a compilation of roll maker uses here

3 Likes

Hi Reaver
I got my tentacle maker from greenstuff world I think. It was a present from one of the kids. I think Tjub is the one to ask for this stuff

1 Like

Weā€™re just collecting techniques @Uther.the.unhinged , doesnā€™t have to be fancy. Those maggots will eventually find their way into something Iā€™ll make! Weā€™d love a few pics and short description on how to make em if you are up for it. No pressure obviously, donā€™t feel obligated!

2 Likes

Yes! What @MichaelX said. Those maggots are just the kind of niche use for a tentacle maker that weā€™re looking to capture. No worries either way. We were just having a chat on the artisans entries and noticed them!

1 Like

Oh no! This may disqualify me but my 11yo daughter made a lot of the maggots. They are just a ball of GS or milliput rolled into a tube then put through the tentacle maker (rolled between two ridged sheets which should be kept damp). Then usually gently squeezed end to end for the rounded look.

4 Likes

Well you can tell her that her maggots are well received across the vast reaches of the internet. Very difficult to respectfully phrase things about maggots and tentacle making Iā€™d say. Iā€™ll stop myself there. Youā€™ve trained her well!

1 Like

@Uther.the.unhinged sharing the hobby with the kid. Heart warming stuff mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I realised that I never really show WIPs as I go. So as I was ā€¦erā€¦working on these on the W/e I thought I would show some wips of my soon to be steampunk counts as Minotaur

And yes the extra arms in the machinery will be covered at some point. At the moment still working on the bull heads at the moment

12 Likes

That will be brilliant when its done Uther!

These are outstanding Uther, canā€™t wait to see them develop

Thanks for the comments. Mind you I would not hold your breath, they were three months just waiting for feet!

Also the poses are exciting and dynamic but may not be too practical with the weight of the arms. We will see how strong GW glue isā€¦

2 Likes

More WIPs of my counts as Minotaur

The weapons need adding along with the mechanical Bull heads but they are coming along

And he stand up!!
More

More

12 Likes

Lovely mate, very cool model! Canā€™t wait to see it painted so we can see all those super details.

1 Like