War Against The Gray [BATG 2023 overview thread]

Its a bit of common sense really. If you have 100 models where you only need to paint the weapon silver… thats kind of cheesy… if you have 100 models where you only painted the swords silver, why shouldnt they count.

For example i painted 20 something giant rats… took me 1 hr or so, including handlers and bases. I counted those as 5 minis. I also painted 29 saurus cold one riders where the cold ones had 3 base colors done and the sauri had 1 base color done. They took a loooot longer so i counted them

4 Likes

The spirit is GET IT DONE!

Whatever condition your pile is in on New Year’s Day is the starting point, though. Can’t count anything completed before that towards your 2023 count.

Also also also, each of these count as one:

But by the same token, each of these counts as one:

All the gobbos I rebased? One each.

So it all evens out in the end.

7 Likes

Where do you live that gets down to -50c? Lapland? McMurdo in Antarctica?

1 Like

The Canadian Darklands… the reason it gets so cold: We receive Polar Vortices.

3 Likes

Go on then I’m in, the last one went so well after all :joy:

5 Likes

Here we go again :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@BATG_Warriors The 2022 tab in the spreadsheet has been disabled and moved to the back of the line. A new tab has been created.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO JUST ENTER WHAT YOU DID THAT MONTH! you dont have to add your scores together anymore, the sheet does that for you!

5 Likes

Well I’m jumping in again, once again good luck fellow warriors

Paint project 2023

4 Likes

Amazing work! Every hobby is just a conduit to spreadsheets.

5 Likes

That’s cause everyone loves spreadsheets, deep down.

1 Like

It’s not even that deep down. I own this mug:

5 Likes

Being new to this and all, bear with me here… I currently have my score at +11 for Jan 2023:
Ironhead Squat Prospectors Gang (Necromunda)
Arkanaut Ironclad airship (AoS)
Grundstok Thunderers (AoS)

There’s 5 Thunderer models, 1 airship, and I miscounted the Ironhead gang, I assumed it was 5 but there’s 8…. I should be +14, however, I never intended to assemble or paint any of the Thunderers. I only bought them for conversions and have already cut apart most of the bodies and carved up the helmets to turn into suits of armour to go on display in a Dwarf armoury diorama.

So… I’m at +9 for sure then from the other models. Maybe just make it an even +10, as I’m intending to paint up the suits of armour for something that’s going to collectively count as -1 overall when it’s complete?

/overthink
~N

2 Likes

Basically if you intend use them count them, if your not sure bundle them like I had say 20 blunderbusses 80% done I touched up and finished the all but only counted them as 5 as they were full paint jobs

2 Likes

If you bought them with intent to make them integral to a diorama I’d say it’s a +1.

Intent is almost always the key. Sounds like a cool project!

4 Likes

2 months gone @BATG_Warriors ! Stay strong, the year is still young.

Don’t forget to post updates in the spreadsheeeet so graphicals can be graphically graphed!

10 Likes

The meme lord has spoken

3 Likes

Something I think is worth considering: An award for just painting more than a certain amount. Perhaps someone still bought more than they painted, but made a good effort to paint a decent number of models.

Perhaps painting 100 models could get you a BATG honourary award if you don’t manage a negative score?

2 Likes

Yes, the point keeping is somewhat flawed, as someone who painted just three miniatures last year (me) should not have a comparable ranking to someone who ended up positive but was overall really productive. But then again, I would not take BATG too serious. In the end, it’s just a reminder for us to think about all the unpainted miniatures in our collection before pressing that buy button.

1 Like

While i get the sentiment, the concept of batg is to paint more then you buy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Speaking of which… I just realized that I’m currently at 50 painted (not my BATG score as I’ve bought some), but that’s already a huge win. That’s more than I painted in the last 2-3 years combined!!

~N

4 Likes