28mm Brazen Bastards, A Community Sculpting Initiative [Antenor Strikes Back: Nov 23 2023]

That sculpt is beautiful. I love the concept of mixing history and chaos dwarves. This gives me some ideas of my own that I want to try now.

5 Likes

Reaver
Been busy, work has been mad. As Usual
Oh and running Blackmoor campaign for my daughters (can’t cope with 5e DND too old!)

Daggertail looks awesome
I will ponder and see what the muse comes up with

3 Likes

@Uther.the.unhinged : I pray to Hashut and all his inter-dimensional aspects that at least one of your creations will involve a helihat. I might tackle Haztecs /Hazcuz with one of mine, you always have such evocative ideas for units for various fantasy cultures.

2 Likes

Rut, Grubber of Rootshut
Work in Progress

Unearthed another bastard in the last few weeks, based on my drawing from the Bastard art contest. It is great working from concept art, I highly recommend it.

Almost all of the ideas were already in place in the drawing. I did embellish the backpack with a little corked goose neck drinking gourd which was @KhamdrimSkyMaster 's idea. I’m pretty happy with the parsnip partisan and carrothulhu finally made in miniature form in his other hand. There are dangly carrots for the partisan, removable for gravity physics if you repose the arm.

Yes the little rutabaga familiar and the mushroom men (definitely not Dark Souls inspired) will be accompanying Rut on the journey to the scan man.

8 Likes

Rut, Grubber of Rootshut
Final Images

I know next to nothing of the lovely Turnip28 setting but the aesthetic is just my level of grimgoof. It was really fun to aim for a fantasy chaos dwarf crossover. If anyone, @Uther.the.unhinged included, wants to delve into that setting and write about this dwarf grubbin around in the dirt, feel free.

9 Likes

Beautiful! Excellent work. Loved the concept art, love the sculpt all the more. I’ll definitely need one :hatoff:

3 Likes

Yay, was hoping this guy would eventually show up! Nice job on the sculpt and I’m loving the DS blend.

5 Likes

The Faceless
Work in Progress

A new god enters the fray! Similar to the Oss sculpt, it was extremely enjoyable to make another stunty version of a classic model. Highly recommend it to all of our sculptors out there. Of all the things… it was the most frustrating to make a decent looking face without any facial features… I used a Green Stuff World scale texture plate which I think turned out pretty clean. It is key to have plans like trim and pouches or additional plate to cover any deformation or bad transfer of the texture.

Next are his blue ray companion disks. Mutating a horseshoe crab was obligatory, dam @MichaelX and his relentless pursuit of making me do the thing. This one is too small for surfing like Sendy Shreddy Ed Ed and Eddy, but perhaps this can be fixed after scanning and resizing pre-print. @chitzkoi sent me plenty of discspiration from RoC era and lead me down the road of painful dangly legs.

This purpose-built shoobie shredder is what I call the mullet of Tzeentch discs. Platonic business on top, bio-mutation party on the bottom.

9 Likes

The Faceless
Final Images

He came out a bit large compared to other bastards but this can be sorted out in pre-print. This concludes my second batch of Bastards that will be making a voyage to the scantron in the near future.

The Faceless
Lore (from Scribe’s Contest XIV) Tzeentch has come to crash the multiverse party.

14 Likes

So awsome. These will find their way into my chaos army.

6 Likes

not my hat!

1 Like

Your sculpting is getting better and better!
That armour is soooo nice!
I have the original cw model on a disc but i cut off the head for a helm lol

Looks great. Keep it up

3 Likes

Thanks Zodd! I was musing on how the armor style would go well with Onion Knight bits, maybe even the helm. Would love to see some different takes.

No better way to say Tzeentch means business.

4 Likes

Wow, so much good stuff here Ive missed! Really impressive sculpting. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Four new bastards available for you to enjoy!

Links in the TOC in the second post!

@Antenor joins the ranks of the Bastard sculptors.

@Reaver I feel like this warrants new badges?

10 Likes

I just granted Antenor Dark Father Bronze!

I’m a few bastards away from getting the tier at 10 models. More bastards to come! I hope to see some prints out in the wild!

8 Likes

The Limitanei Infernales

… because how is Furius supposed to correct anything without some underlings?

I sculpted this one exceedingly quickly, for my own standards. He is not very detailed, but then again he’s supposed to be a rank-and-file soldier - in my mind, I picture a regiment of 20 on goblin green bases. :smile: I’m particularly happy with the shield design - it’s a riff on a historical pattern that was quite commonly used in late antiquity, as evidenced in the Notitia Dignitatum. Here are some examples:

The next logical step would be to add more head and weapon options. I hope to find some time for that soon!

9 Likes

Really nice work again! Another iconic Antenor piece. Clean work on the removable parts, selfishly would be great to see what other options you (or others) come up with, the beauty of the scan man’s plan. The cloak over the shoulder to conceal a joint is a nice touch.

2 Likes

The Limitanei Infernales download link added to the index

5 Likes

I added @Antenor 's beautiful sculpts to the bastards index!

9 Likes