Darkforged 2024 - March [Core]

Post images of progress on your Core units for Warhammer: The Old World!

So far, I’ve picked up some 5x1 spacers! Next, I’ll be priming and painting them to match my bases!

6 Likes

Doing Movement Tray things!

3 Likes

I’ll post more pics of my piles of shame that need painting tomorrow. I edited slotta base stls to hold multiple metal minis while I paint them. The “painting bases” have some left over glue on top from the print bed for extra adhesive.

Busy also making some cracked lava bases from those same original slotta stls.

Here are the main core units I’m going to be starting on. Hobgobs with Bows and some CD warriors. There are also some heros/leaders I’ll be painting up at some point.

6 Likes

Awesome! Jealous of all the Hobgoblin bowmen! I need some of those. They seem like the better option in The Old World. :metal:

Made some great progress rebasing for Adepticon this weekend! :+1:

3 Likes

Few core getting added over on my blog :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looking awesome, Oxy!

1 Like

Nice work! Repping the fabzulous models is always a noble cause.

Side note I would definitely encourage any new or veteran CDO-ers alike to document your work in a personal blog and cross-post here as Oxy has done. Neat and tidy! and when you’re done doing the dark forgery you’ll have a nice personal blog of your own that can continue to grow.

Just a thought for the darkforgerers before the dark forging gets too dark and excessively forged in these monthly inspiration threads.

As the infamous archivist @Pyroven once said, probably, while shaking his fists in frustration at his Linuxcracker daemon engine. If it isn’t archived it hardly counts as being counted for archival purposes

6 Likes

Excellent advice! I need to start a new blog. :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Update on my blog!

6 Likes

Great stuff, Oxy! Things are moving right along I see!

New update on my blog: Hobgoblins with bows!

:hatoff:

7 Likes

So about this.
Not yet in the blog, but these days I took a look at my half-planned, quarter-done RA warriors with HW+S conversions:

Not painting the blunderbusses for also getting the “building a unit” point (and failing at painting and basing at the end).
I got disconcerted by the shields back then, but now for TOW I heard they were the clearly worse choice over the great weapons. What better opportunity could there be!

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan is forming! That’s awesome. Looking forward to this! :beers:

My FIRST EVER chaos dwarf unit has started. Waited too long, turning 29 tomorrow, but better late than never!

2 Likes

Better late than pregnant

1 Like

Here finally comes my first update. For march I am completing a unit of black orcs!

I did have some painted already, but their color scheme (a lot of iron) was decided before I had the command, which I did not know had a lot of chainmail. So I decided to repaint them a little bit. I painted over the silver plates with black speedpaint (i slapchop). I also added some red details to help them blend in more with the rest of my army.

This led to a darker black for these figures, but for a quick fix it works, since I do not want to entirely repaint them.

Before repaint:

After repaint:

Today I finished the boss, and also repainted a bit of the rest of the command (also the armour plates). So the black on the boss is how black they ”should be”.

The next week I will try to paint the rest.

7 Likes

Your black orcs are looking great!
I recently painted a unit of these monopose guys, i have to say i prefer the skin tone you went with, its a richer green.
I look forward to seeing the unit completed

1 Like

Thank you! Luckily I have a game planned for the end of the month. That should act as an additional whip on my back hehe.

I love it too. I thought about going darker, almost black. But my army is very colourful, so I wanted my black orcs to match! (Plus I can just use paint from the bottle without a custom mix and save some seconds hehe)

Finished these while podcasting with @Reaver , @chitzkoi and @Xander!

I do believe that means I’ve darkforged this month :beer:

9 Likes