Golden Hat XXXIV: Salty Seas

“Keelhaul!”

Warcolours & Zanko Presents: The 34th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The gold winner will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of Poison:

The silver winner will carry home a multipart Centaur kit from Clam’s Ewal Dvergar, courtesy of @Zanko :

While the bronze winner will receive a kit of 15mm Tjubgob Command Set #1 from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

And finally one lucky entrant not in top 3 will win a random draw prize of an Ewal painter from Claim’s miniatures, courtesy of @Zanko:

Subject Matter: Salty Seas!

For this contest we want you to enter with something relating to Chaos Dwarfs (or their lackeys and creations) and the sea. This could e.g. mean pirates, naval vessels or crew, beach party, ships, submersibles, harbour scenes, lighthouse, oil drill platforms, divers plundering wrecks, tamed monsters or something else entirely. Let your imagination run wild!

One or more models and/or terrain pieces; as ever, you yourself set the upper limit. You may of course include non-Chaos Dwarf models and/or terrain pieces, such as enemies fighting your visionary Dawi Zharr. Build a diorama if you like!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact @Admiral and he’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want. You may include fancy backgrounds. We want to encourage the creation of beautiful models and modelling scenes, not hamper it.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Dwarfs and the Sea
Bases: Up to your discretion.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM June 4th, 2020 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent either to the @GoldenHat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Admiral. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur or with this forum’s direct upload function. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Golden Hat Gallery.
  • Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona (if we manage to implement medals without hindering smooth updates of software).
  • Win paints and miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM @Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

8 Likes

Yarrh! Im on it. :slight_smile:

:pirate_flag::anchor::world_map::moneybag: Let the landlubbers quake in their boots!

1 Like

Sounds great, although I have no idea what to paint right now … :skull:

Hmmm…! Aye… here there be plunder… now, what exactly to build/paint? Kinda feel bad for whomever gets the Silver medal… :upside_down_face: Guessing that is a typo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Dang, I have so many half done projects which could be enlisted to GH topics. Of course none fit ‘Salty Seas’ . Ah well, time to raid the bits box again

Well, I do have some whacky ideas for this… but are any of them practicable? Only one way to find out! :smile:

2 Likes

No, the silver medal will have a prize, it just wasn’t ready for the announcement. Soon to be updated. :wink:

1 Like

Cool!

Have decided on a slightly ambitious project. Hopefully it can be executed in the time allotted.

2 Likes

I have an idea, materials are ordered, bids placed on eBay. Now I just have to wait for the stuff to come!

2 Likes

Please tell if the time prove too short due to slow deliveries or suchlike. We can always extend it a couple of weeks if there is popular demand.

Same boat. Hoping these eBay sellers come through. Waiting game. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s ideas!

As if I haven’t enough on my plate at the moment. Should’ve known the Masters of the Lash would be getting frisky soon

2 Likes

I’ve decided on an idea - don’t know if I like it but I’m committed now - just now bought a miniature from eBay to get me started

Best of luck!

Prizes updated with goodies for the silver winner and a random draw entry not in top 3.

3 Likes

Guess I’ll just add another project to the stack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please do. :smiley:

I’ve spent a lot of time “adjusting” a model and I probably should have just sculpted one from scratch.

And I call dibs on the random prize. I need that one for my collection

5 Likes

The tide of ideas has flooded in, some to be shelved for later. But I think at least a few things could be appropriate. Will be lots of WIPs at the end of this for sure.