Jackswift Surfing the Grey Tide [BATG 2022]

Here goes. I’ll kick this off formally at the start of January, but here is the thread and below are the tallies and core projects I would like to progress with this year. My categories will be slightly different in that I like to build large scale models, which contributes to the grey ocean of models, and uses up painting and modelling time. I will also include existing models that are sold (which I will tally separately) as a metric I want to keep track of which affects the overall total. Finally, I will keep track of re-paints (I have a number of models that are in dire need of re-work) as a progress metric only. It will not be totaled. I am hoping this will give me some much-needed incentive for significant progress.

I’ll start at 0 for everything, and will include any models that arrive after Jan 1 (I have a few things incoming):

To mimic Reaver’s format here is the Official Tally:

:heavy_plus_sign: New Miniatures Purchased: 0
:heavy_plus_sign: New Large-Scale Models Purchased: 0
:heavy_minus_sign: Miniatures Painted: 2
:heavy_minus_sign: Large Scale Models Painted: 0

Total: -2

:heavy_minus_sign: Re-Paint/Re-Work (not totalled): 0
:heavy_minus_sign: Existing Models Sold: 0

Overall BATG Total: 0

Below are miniature gaming, and a few related non-gaming projects that I am looking to make progress on this year. I will create/link threads as they progress. I haven’t speed-painted much this year (contest entries aside), but plan do so for some of the below. It’s a large and by no means complete list, and I’ll happy if I make significant progress on even a quarter of it:

Cheers, Jackswift (JR)

5 Likes

Good luck in this new year with your new endeavour :hatoff: looking forward to everyone tracking their progress.

Ok we need to know more about this please…

2 Likes

@GhraskDragh for your perusal, the project is outlined here Jackswift’s 40K Works in Progress - Tron Eldar

1 Like

Doesn’t count towards painted totals, but tracking visible progress on the Cardboard Castle

2 Likes

And one model painted! Count updated in first post. Tron Eldar white scheme test model:

7 Likes

And one more done and dusted:

:heavy_plus_sign: New Miniatures Purchased: 0
:heavy_plus_sign: New Large-Scale Models Purchased: 0
:heavy_minus_sign: Miniatures Painted: 2
:heavy_minus_sign: Large Scale Models Painted: 0

Total: -2

:heavy_minus_sign: Re-Paint/Re-Work (not totalled): 0
:heavy_minus_sign: Existing Models Sold: 0

Overall BATG Total: -2

Even if I can keep at a gain of 1 model off the pile per week, I’ll be happy. Once I’m done with test models, they should move faster. Unfortunately, I think my numbers are about to go the other direction a bit.

6 Likes