Reaver Sacks the Grey Havens [BATG 2023]

Regardless of how December dice fall two things are certain. Firstly, 2022 was one of the most productive painting years I can recall. Great credit goes to hobby hangouts, this community, and the comradeship of BATG.

…Second, the war is never over! I bid you Stand! Dwarfs of the East!

Here are some of the projects I’ll be looking to tackle this year:

• Ebrietas Daughter of the Grey Cosmos (the last Bloodborne miniature)
  • Ankh Gods of Egypt the board game
  • Human Corsair mercenaries (and maybe some ogres)
  • Tomb Kings
  • More than enough Chaos Dwarfs to appease even Shia Lebeef. (or his Bond villain alias Le Beeffre)
5 Likes

The Official Tally

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 159
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 13
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 176

Total: -4

Month :heavy_plus_sign: Added :heavy_minus_sign: Painted :heavy_equals_sign: Total
Jan 0 1 -1
Feb 30 39 -9
Mar 33 2 +31
Apr 0 7 -7
May 68 26 +42
Jun 14 24 -10
Jul 3 25 -22
Aug 0 0 0
Sep 0 0 0
Oct 5 15 -10
Nov 0 2 -2
Dec 19 35 -16
1 Like

Egypt Stuff

Ankh
Models Painted: 9

Tomb Kings
Models Painted: 35

1 Like

Other Dead
Models Painted: 4

2 Likes

Post Reserved but extra differently

1 Like

I’m on the board with a big :heavy_minus_sign::one:

4 Likes

Conversions, green stuff, basing, and mold lines have kept my batg efforts subdued. This may be the year of: pick up the box and do the thing, regardless of the contents’ batg weight.

This was a pure January without a December month of mold lines and priming to prep. In February I’ve come to bargain! With Chaos Dwarfs to lead the way.

This year I don’t have a horde of skeletons to back up my flippant memeing.

Happy to say this model only sat on the pile for a month.

6 Likes

Musicians were taken into last year’s count but the recently finished bonus familiars will be counted here. Unfortunately those were almost all brand new sculpts this year… so… 8 added to the pile and 9 removed.

2 Likes

Going in the positive with these battleforge hobs that just arrived from @Shef

Excited to work on these clothgobs.

4 Likes

Will you go with green skin? For some reason im expecting a pale pink/brown skin

Probably green, I did green on my musician gobs (since that just felt right, without much thought) and might want them to increase the ranks of this unit. I’ll probably stick with pale pinks with purple and brown fleshtones on things like the lamassu and future centaurs.

I don’t know, for some reason these speak to me as craving traditional hobgob green. They have an unexpected strangely endearing quality that makes me want to snort some of that good ol goblin green.

Now… If I get to LKM mongoblins. I could see myself going a different direction. or not… I’m nothing if not inconsistent

2 Likes

If i had your skills id add playing cards to sticking out of the top hat guy. :tophat: pinnochio style

1 Like

Not so quick unit of corsair chaff. Back in the negatives… for now…

2 Likes

How did you make this table

1 Like

Here’s what it looks like in the post editor.
Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 3.18.03 PM

As a handy note, you can highlight text in posts including other folks’ posts and use the quote button that appears to have it brought into the post editor so you can loot their formatting.

1 Like

Just received my Red Bard Ogres Kickstarter. Highly recommend, great communication, efficient campaign, quick delivery, high quality sculpts and prints.

Unexpectedly received two bonus freebie ogres that I have to add to the tally now. The ogre tummy drummer has summoned friendos

3 Likes

Blitz-and- @chitzkoi airmailed this boaty loot across the great pond. Customs took its sweet time assessing this wagon-fulla pancakes such that this could’ve been lost to the warp. Yet today Chaos reigns just as planned and I’m the fortunate recipient of its gifts. When Chaos reigns, it pours.

Thankfully these models have re-emerged and will stay within the cozy garden wall of CDO. Hopefully they are seaworthy…

Rockin a beeeeg beefy +2 and pulling a swift grey deflect. 2 of these will land in camp @KhamdrimSkyMaster , a fitting home for flying things.

Not pictured was some of Oxy’s nightmare fuel. Tau fire warrior bits that will be put to good use in some tank interiors and dioramas.

2023, year of the big models, continues.

8 Likes

Oh I’m very excited for what you’re going to do with these!

1 Like

Rest assured there will be Chaos

5 Likes

The battle goes poorly fellow warriors.

Rest assured there will be TOTAL WAR before the year is over. And I mean war against the grey… not degenerately binge gaming which I’m definitely not doing right now out of hype for the upcoming release.

Minis are coming out of left field, over the river and through the woods from grandmothers house, raining sideways in my windows, you name it.

Logging a plus 31. Pics will hopefully be coming up soon as I get this madness sorted…

5 Likes