Clear your desk, restock your paints, clean those brushes and prime a load of gray for it is once again time to pledge your allegiance to the cause! Help us fight back the tides of gray that takes over our hobby by painting more then we acquire!
For those of you that are new to BATG, forgot the rules, or never really got them…
- EVERYONE starts with a total net score of 0 on January 1st 2023. It does not matter if you have no unpainted models or a loft full of stuff you will never be able to paint.
- For every model you get in 2023, that you intent to paint, you add 1 to the score. It doesn’t matter when you intend to paint them. If you buy/print/get a model with the intention to paint it, it counts.
- Every model you paint in 2023 gets subtracted from your score.
- What counts as “a model” is yours to choose, but the most used (and maybe easyest way) to do so it to count bases.*
- The score is recorded in a google spreadsheet AND on a blog on the forum. I will add an index as a reply on this post and update it with all your blogs like i did in the War Against The Gray [BATG 2022 overview thread].
- The BATG blogs should be placed in the BATG Category and the title should have the suffix [BATG2023], for example “MichaelX Battles the gray [BATG2023]”.
- Pics or it didn’t happen… Update your blog with what you bought and painted, we love that stuff!
*PLEASE DO NOT START ANOTHER ENDLESS DISCUSSION ABOUT HOW KEEPING SCORE SHOULD BE DONE, I WILL DELETE THOSE POSTS… Everyone decides how to keep track of their score, as long as you count additions and subtractions in the same way. Don’t add an arachnarok as 1 to the Added score and 12 to the Painted score, and if you do… well you don’t get the idea of BATG…
How do we record our progress?
I changed the spreadsheet for 2023. Starting with BATG23 you only have to fill in what you did that month and the spreadsheet calculates the net score.
I added 10 minis in January and another 10 in February
I painted 20 in February and another 30 in March
My score at the end of march is -30 which means 30 less models in the gray pile.
How do we show off to other warriors?
Primarily trough your own BATG blog. There is a group we use to ping people which can be used if you want to get our attention. Everyone is free to join or leave the @BATG_Warriors group.
Well… mostly because you do not want to end up as someone with 10000 unpainted models hidden away in a dank basement or loft. Paint then and use them, it is their purpose!
BATG - Gray
This badge is for ending a Battle Of The Gray with a total score of -1, meaning you painted 1 model more then you bought!
BATG - Bronze
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -25, meaning you painted 25 models more then you bought!
BATG - Silver
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -50, meaning you painted 50 models more then you bought!
BATG - Gold
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -100, meaning you painted 100 models more then you bought!
BATG - Blackshard
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -200, meaning you painted 200 models more then you bought!